C4 Forums | Control4

Programming stopped working

zaphod

I have some programming in my entrance hall where the code reads something like this. 

When Motion Sensor is Active
IF night time
	Turn On -> Overhead Light

The motion sensor is from my security system but it has worked well in C4.  This programming has worked fine for a couple of years but has stopped working in the last day or two.  I have verified that I can see the motion sensor go active in the C4 app on my phone and I can turn on the Overhead light with my phone - so Director is still communicating with these devices.  I also removed the night time condition to ensure that this wasn't the problem.  Is there any reason why the code would just stop working?  Anything to try other than rebooting the controller?

My main controller is an HC-800 - that controller has rebooted a few times in the last week as it was on a flakey UPS which I replaced a few days ago.  It has been up for about 48 hours now without issue.

There are several other controllers on my system (HC-300s and HC-250s), but would they have anything to do with this?  Doesn't Director just run on your main controller?

FYI - I am on 2.9.1.

I haven't rebooted the controller since I notice that this programming wasn't working.  Should I do that?    The last controller reboot would have been a crash rather than an OS controller reboot.

As I mentioned above, I can see the motion sensor go active in Navigator on my phone so the signal for that is getting through from my security system to C4.

Archived