C4 Forums | Control4

Programming finesse on remote and navigator

RussellB

Hi,

I'm getting into the programming more and I came upon something I would like to try:

If I'm watching a source, e.g. fire tv, then press "4" to go to the navigator if I press "4" again I want it to return to the previous source.  I think I need to create a variable that stores the last source and if "4" is pressed while navigation is the source switch to the last stored source.  

Does that sound right?

Russell

21 minutes ago, RussellB said:

Hi,

I'm getting into the programming more and I came upon something I would like to try:

If I'm watching a source, e.g. fire tv, then press "4" to go to the navigator if I press "4" again I want it to return to the previous source.  I think I need to create a variable that stores the last source and if "4" is pressed while navigation is the source switch to the last stored source.  

Does that sound right?

Russell

the control4 button can't be programmed, it can only take you to the navigator.

8 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

the control4 button can't be programmed, it can only take you to the navigator.

It is programmable but its always going to turn on the TV NAV every time it's pressed.  You can't unmap that.  You could program the "PREV" button to do what you're trying to accomplish, but you won't be able to unmap what PREV does in that room if a device is preconfigured to use it.  Try the colored buttons or the other 3 custom buttons for programming.

I was thinking "If video source is changing to the Control4, save last source state".  But once I'm in the navigator there's no way to tell that THAT particular button is being pressed again.

You'd be amazed how much wife wants it to work 'just so' else she won't go near it.  I can say "Alexa, turn on theater curtains" and they will close but she still likes the remote.  :-(

A snapshot recall driver could take a snapshot everytime an audio or video source changes.  Then you could recall it by programming whatever custom button you choose..  This is only off the top of my head.  Haven't tried it.

I didn't do a thing and tried the 'Prev' on the SR-250 remote and shutsdown the Navigator and returns to the last source already.  Would have been nice if I could toggle the "4" but I can teach my wife.  I'm already making a cheat sheet for the voice commands.  :-)  Thanks for the quick responses.  I've had the house for a year and a half and as things failed the previous owner tried to fix it himself.  So there wires that go from inputs to inputs; when light dimmers stopped working (dropped of network) he just replaced them with regular non-networked dimmers.  When he demoed the theater he showed me the Control4 app on a Samsung tablet because now I believe his previous installer didn't know how to setup the On-Screen Navigation.  There was no video out from the HC800 wired.  So I got an SR-250, rewired it into everything and now it works.  And I kept going to make icon-ready drivers for my cable box and custom channels for the Fire TV.  Screenshots attached.

It's taken a while but I have it back up to where everything works and works well.  Thanks to a lot of help from people here.

0014_49977318_medium.jpgUntitled.png.add8bcfbfc7bb907f19b0354fb792052.png

Archived