C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox with HC800

srhamy

Question

I had HC800 and HC300 + IO Extender in my project, and the 300 died so I am all 800 now. Do I have it correct than IR input is not a feature of the HC800? I am asking because I was trying to re-setup the cytexone slingbox driver. Does the IO Extender have IR input?

If the IR in is truely gone from more modern controllers that sucks, copying and pasting IR codes from remote central is goind to be a PIA, let alone losing the slingbox driver.  

4 answers to this question

Don’t use the Slingbix driver can be a suggestion.

Most people watch sling using an IPad/tablet.  Then you can use your phone as the remote for what your watching with the C4 app.

Create a sling room in your project. If you have a good dealer, they can fake some driver to get the functionality you need, then all your video sources are available (obviously if it’s a matrix or similar).

Works just as easy.  Has sling allowed HDCP stuff yet? Or are you still using component?

Using component via hdfury adapter so I do not know. I appreciate the suggestion to use c4 directly to control slingbox room. Have never been able to stomach paying for foresight. Not a lot of money but I always thought it seemed like it should be a bundle service or at least a 1 time purchase. 

Archived