C4 Forums | Control4

Slow speeds with Apple Airport

eddiec

Question

My Control4 system was originally set up by my dealer with an Apple Airport to handle just my main wireless network (Control4). Recently, I have noticed slow speeds on the network. After running a few speed tests both wired and wireless, I learned the issue is not with my wireless provider (or their router) but only with the apple airport. My question is should it be as simple as changing the wireless router and having configured the control4 network? or should I have someone look at my entire wireless network set up? Wireless coverage doesn't seem to be an issue in the house. Also, which wireless router would you recommend?

Thank you,

EC

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, eddiec said:

My Control4 system was originally set up by my dealer with an Apple Airport to handle just my main wireless network (Control4). Recently, I have noticed slow speeds on the network. After running a few speed tests both wired and wireless, I learned the issue is not with my wireless provider (or their router) but only with the apple airport. My question is should it be as simple as changing the wireless router and having configured the control4 network? or should I have someone look at my entire wireless network set up? Wireless coverage doesn't seem to be an issue in the house. Also, which wireless router would you recommend?

Thank you,

EC

Separate.  Get a good router.  Get wireless access points.   Tons of options but get better than big box store stuff.  Unifi.  Mikrotik.  Both you can buy direct.  Some like araknis and luxul but those are sold by dealers.  

Can not make this more clear! be sure to get separate modem and router, even wireless ap and switches when you can. the performance can be night day over the long term and with lots of network congestion the quality will stand out.

Archived