C4 Forums | Control4

AppleTV Driver

Howdy all,

I have an AppleTV 4th generation installed being controlled by the C4 IP driver.  For the most part it works great but I'm unable to figure out how to simulate a long press on the C4 remote.  Many of the sub-menus (for example to moving an icon), require a long press on the AppleTV.  Any help would be appreciated!

You can't. I believe there's a fellow who created a custom IR driver that will do this though. 

However, at WWDC Apple announced integration with Control4 and others for Apple TV and that almost certainly means the ability to control all functions such as long presses. There's no ETA on when this will be available, but I wouldn't be surprised to at least get an update at CEDIA, if not a a release. 

John

4 hours ago, johnpg said:

You can't. I believe there's a fellow who created a custom IR driver that will do this though. 

However, at WWDC Apple announced integration with Control4 and others for Apple TV and that almost certainly means the ability to control all functions such as long presses. There's no ETA on when this will be available, but I wouldn't be surprised to at least get an update at CEDIA, if not a a release. 

John

I’d be surprised if there was an update on anything at CEDIA that isn’t released... The Intercom Anywhere experience is too recent...

Are you programming this yourself, or an end user with a dealer?

You can hack together a simple 'driver' that will use the Apple TV IR codes, and create a "select/OK" command with as many repeat count as it takes to simulate a long press. Then you could assign that to a button on the remote. I don't think you can assign it to an actual long press of the Select button.

I had to do similar to get a long press of the on/off button on a Samsung Frame TV. It worked.

PS of course you'd also have to add an IR bud on the Apple TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived