C4 Forums | Control4

Rack-mountable PSU/PDU that can trigger Control4 events? (ie. PS4/XBOX power on)

sofakng

I know there are single-outlet devices (usually wi-fi based) that Control4 can monitor to detect if a device (PS4/XBOX,etc) is turned on, but are there any larger rack-mountable PSU/PDUs with multiple ports that Control4 can monitor to detect if a device is turned on and then trigger an event?

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but may be a solution for your need.  A "current switch" can be attached to a contact on Control4 Controller, IO Extender, etc.  I used them to monitor when my sump pump actually turns on to pump.  It has power all the time and a float switch, so it only pumps when the water comes up high enough to trigger the float switch.  One thing to be careful of with AC power is you only put one wire through the core of the current switch.  If you put the hot and the neutral wires through the core, it doesn't trigger.  I put the current switch inside the electrical box around the hot wire, then regardless of what load is plugged in to the outlet will trigger it.

I have no affiliation with this company, but it happens to be where I got the current switch I am using:
http://controlscentral.com/eCatalog/tabid/63/q/H300/ProductID/346694/SearchID/5/ViewType/2/Default.aspx

Archived