C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone used a Lutron QSE-CI-NWK-E... with C4 driver recently?? Need to know if it’s a working driver on 2.10.x

Loosefix

• 2 weeks later...

I've written an enhanced driver for the NWK that allow easy Lutron Shades integration with no command line. It also automatically build shade group and offer a group control slider with bidirectional feedback. I know it still work with 2.10.x and it is available for free here: http://www.cmd4.co/drivers.php

On 11/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, jackstone said:

I've written an enhanced driver for the NWK that allow easy Lutron Shades integration with no command line. It also automatically build shade group and offer a group control slider with bidirectional feedback. I know it still work with 2.10.x and it is available for free here: http://www.cmd4.co/drivers.php

I could have used this driver a few months back...

• 2 months later...

This does not look like an NWK... This driver was made primarily to enhance the blind control experience using Lutron QS Wired blinds and an NWK as the control interface. 

As for documentation, you basically need to use the Lutron discovery tool to set the IP address of the NWK, then you configure the ip, username and password (usually nwk/nkw) il the driver and if should start working.

The blinds are added using their respective blind driver and they will propose the auto-naming, auto-grouping and auto-discovery option that are very easy to use. You basically need to scan the QS network (in Action) to discover the blinds, then you need to name them from the driver property (mandatory), then it should start working without any other settings to do or command line into the NWK.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:15 PM, jackstone said:

This does not look like an NWK... This driver was made primarily to enhance the blind control experience using Lutron QS Wired blinds and an NWK as the control interface. 

As for documentation, you basically need to use the Lutron discovery tool to set the IP address of the NWK, then you configure the ip, username and password (usually nwk/nkw) il the driver and if should start working.

The blinds are added using their respective blind driver and they will propose the auto-naming, auto-grouping and auto-discovery option that are very easy to use. You basically need to scan the QS network (in Action) to discover the blinds, then you need to name them from the driver property (mandatory), then it should start working without any other settings to do or command line into the NWK.

Hi Jackstone, thanks. Got the QSE-CI-NWK-E and got it wired in based on spec, however, where is the Lutron discovery tool? I have RadioRa2 inclusive but not sure how to get this NWK's ip address to plug it into Composer 2.10.6...

I don't know where it can be "officially" downloaded, but I have it in hand so here it is attached.

Is it just me or I have some serious problem loggin in to this forum recently? Always this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

IP Configuration Utility.zip

2 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

So I called Lutron as well and they were telling me I had to telnet into 192.168.250.8 since that's the default IP address...Then what? I'm totally lost on this thing.

No, you will use the utility I've attached to the last post and it will set the IP to whatever you want, just make sure it's on the same network as your C4.

7 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

Oh man, it connected to the QS-NWK...now I just update the IP and go to composer and try to connect to pull integration IDs? 

You're the best!

The driver will discover the blinds automatically but remember to set Integration ID to all the blind you want to control, it's mandatory. This is done through the Action menu of the blinds driver.

Also if you plan to control a group of blinds, use the prodived driver, NOT the one from the C4 database. My group driver build a true blind group and allow you to control it using a nice slider, truly simultaneously. It also feedback the average level of the blinds in group.

26 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

Oh man, this set up is a complete nightmare. I spent all night trying to figure it out. I'm just going to go with IR commands to the grafik eye. 

Sorry if it doesn't go so well, I don't know what is the QS Wireless with Ecosystem QSGRJ-16E... But This driver is mainly built to work with the NWK and any QS Wired Shades, this is the SAME driver as the one in the C4 db with some added features. Maybe this wireless stuff is not compatible with it at all... But since it's a driver distributed by C4 and sponsored by Lutron, you can call Lutron and or C4 and get support from them.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ShoreLineJesse said:

This sounds like exactly what I am looking for.  Is there any other hardware needed above the NWK and the shade smart panel?  Do the shades need to be programmed before they are integrated through the NWK?

You only need the NWK and the Lutron Power Panel (and maybe a 24v power supply for the NWK).

You need to ask the shade installer to set the limit while installing, that's easy to do using the three buttons on the share motor. The rest of the programming will be done using the driver without the need of command line or complicated stuff.

No that's no an urban legend, this driver work and once you know how to use it, you will never go back to the dated driver from C4 database.

Why there is no support? Because the original driver was made by Houseloginc sponsered  by Lutron and supported by Control4. My driver is a modded version of the Houselogix driver, I've done it on my time and I was not paid to do so. I am willing to share it to other and explain how to get it to work but don't expect deep support unless I make the driver paid.

That being says, here is the steps needed to make it work:

- Make sure ALL your shades are installed and connected to the power panel (important! They need to be all there!)

- Install the NWK on the Lutron QS bus and turn it On. Plug it to the network.

- Set the NWK IP to something in your current network using the IP Configuration Utility (attached)

- Add the Lutron NWK QS (Domaudeo) to the projet.

- Do the network binding according to the IP you've set

- Go to Action and select "Discover Lutron QS Devices". Wait a few seconds...

- Go back to properties and it should have found your NWK:

image.png.e9b83bf35c6492c6901b1ad81f416d80.png

- Select the NWK device and enter nwk as the username (it's the default username set in the NWK, this is well known)

image.png.8feaff77202879b5c7ed4b47f869cf97.png

- Now add a Lutron Sivolia QS Shade (Domaudeo) driver to the project, your need one per shade, of course, but start with one for testing.

- On the SHADE driver, Select Action and Discover Lutron QS Devices... Wait a few seconds.

- On back on the Properties of the Shade driver and the Discovered Devices should have populated.

image.png.01e8ae4405f53faf9477c66af94c25dd.png

- Select the shade you want to control

- IMPORTANT! If the shade is brand new and has never "seen" the NWK before, give it a name in the "Device Address" propertie:

image.png.57f8c848bf7d93ddadd8189cb246276c.png

- Click "Set" then go the the Action tab and select "Set Integration ID"

image.png.66bfe5e19aa292846b66086d00a22c45.png

The Shade should now fully work with bidirectionnal feedback and a nice Slider interface in Navigator.

There is a nice Shade Group driver also Included, it build a real hardware shade group for perfectly synchroneous control and birectionnal feedback of the average level of the shade in the group. I can explain how to use if requested.

Hope this will help. Share this procedure if someone else need it.

IP Configuration Utility.zip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.