C4 Forums | Control4

10" table top touch screen issues

I have had two 10" table top touch screens, an "old style" with the wide bezel and the new ones that look more like iPads.  The old one died.  The newer one now is only responsive to certain commands. For instance, if I change zones, I have to turn it off and on to get it back to the primary designated room.  Only some functions on napster work.

Because it does not require launching an app to get them to work, I find these more convenient than using an iPad for the same function.

Can these be repaired, or do they just wear out after 2-3 years?  Or could it be a software issue, not a touch screen issue?  Is there a way to get an iPad to behave the same as the Control 4 touch screens, if they are dedicated for the use?

Thanks for any insights.

25 minutes ago, philly dog said:

Is there a way to get an iPad to behave the same as the Control 4 touch screens, if they are dedicated for the use?

Thanks for any insights.

I use tablets in each room with nothing else installed but the C4 app which I never come out of. That way whenever you wake the tablet up you are always back within the app, no need to launch.

2 hours ago, philly dog said:

The newer one now is only responsive to certain commands. For instance, if I change zones, I have to turn it off and on to get it back to the primary designated room.  Only some functions on napster work.

There's no reason why some functions from a touch screen wouldn't work, if they work from other interfaces in your system. Your dealer should be able to resolve this.

Unless what you're actually seeing is that part of the screen isn't responding to touch (would affect any view in the UI). In this case, if it's in warranty, it can be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived