C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 - Open the gate

ILoveControl

Question

Finally have my DS2 opening the gate through a code on the key pad - Yay.....

Two questions:

All of a sudden my keypad has stopped working (have the keypad that has 1- 10 *using 1 and 0 to make ten, has the key and the phone button* This has worked for over a week now it doesnt... 

I have  done the following:

1. Rebooted the door station - I also noticed on reboot it wipes the codes for using the outputs and relays is this normal behaviour?
  2. I have quadruple checked the connections from the doorstation to the keypad and it seems right its sung in the DS2 as well as the keypad board. 

Is there anything else I should be checking - is there a way on composer to see if you have a keypad attached and its communicating?

Now on the original topic:

1. someone is at the gate - doorbell rings - can see them and talk to them on my T3's. What would be really nice would be whilst I can still communicate with them to open the gate (via the relay on the DS2 which is connected to the gate) - can this be done  without exiting the video and audio stream on the T3 and going to a custom button?

Would appreciate the guidance.

1 answer to this question

I don’t quite follow your first question but no, it does not sound like normal behavior. Maybe call your dealer.

In terms of your second question, yes you can open the gate from your T3 while on the video Intercom.  The DS2 has 2 configurable custom buttons in Composer.  You can name these as you wish and program against them.

Archived