C4 Forums | Control4

IP camera

JYA007

Hi,

I am a new user of C4 system. Own a Elan, Crestron, and a Coraccess system. The C4 is for my new office employes lounge.

I already configure my C4-MC, C4-Tuner, C4-Amp and C4-audio Matrix, plus a couple of touch-screen. Great system, so easy compare to others.

Now, I want to add a IP Cam, but each time I try to drag and drop the WEB Jpeg icon, I get this message "UNABLE TO ADD WEB JPEG...TO ROOM"

I need help please

Tanks from Montreal

:|

Hi,

I am a new user of C4 system. Own a Elan, Crestron, and a Coraccess system. The C4 is for my new office employes lounge.

I already configure my C4-MC, C4-Tuner, C4-Amp and C4-audio Matrix, plus a couple of touch-screen. Great system, so easy compare to others.

Now, I want to add a IP Cam, but each time I try to drag and drop the WEB Jpeg icon, I get this message "UNABLE TO ADD WEB JPEG...TO ROOM"

I need help please

Tanks from Montreal

:|

JYA

Highly recommend this informative C4 themed website, which has information on your IP camera setup in C4

http://blog.tleish.com/

Shane

Ho,

No, actualy, it is 1.3.1 someting, not 1.3.2. However, I tried to update, but had a errer message like "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WWW.... something.

Could I have the axact adress for updating polease ?

Tanks IVS

JYA007

:o

Yes,

there is a place in the system where we can modify the default adress. I wonder if the one that is by default in my system is the good one. If yes, how come I get taht message all the time ?

:rolleyes:

JYAOO7 Are you a dealer? If not, then you cant update your own system. You need Composer 1.3.2. Its not something you can download as a end-user. You have to be a dealer and then download it from the dealer site.

Once you have had your dealer update your system he can add the IP Cameras.

Composer 1.3.2 is for dealers ONLY. You can buy a version of Composer called Composer HE that is for endusers and is very helpful. I am not sure if you can add IP cameras with that software, but you can buy a copy from a dealer.

Takitez!

JYA007,

If you have a release version of Composer 1.3.2, you should be able to use that to update your system. If it's some beta system or other non-release version, you won't necessarily be able to update your system.

You can't add cameras with the HE version, you can't add any devices. That's one of the couple of limitations of Composer HE. You also can't add cameras unless your entire system is upgraded to 1.3.2.

RyanE

Hi Ryan,

The composer version is a registred one, 1.3.2 (from cableson in Quebec). However, The Media controler is 1.3.1.122. Thre is no way a can add a IP cam, always the same messang, UNABLE TO ADD AXIS 2100 TO ROOM x.

What could be the problem ?

Tank you

Jean-Yves

Media Controller has to be updated to 1.3.2. That's what RyanE is referring to, your "entire" system has to be updated. Your dealer should really perform this update. 1.3.1 does not support IP cams!

To reiterate, you cannot perform this update with ComposerHE, only ComposerPro.

I am not trying to be critical, but as a dealer you should know how to update the MC firmware, not that you ever confirmed this.

I am not a dealer, I am a automation freak. It is one of my hobby. The C4 system is for my new office . I am a CEO of industrial automation company(40 PLC and SCADA programers).

I did all the configurartion of my Elan Via, My Crsetron, and my coraccess, and many others smaller system. It is not a question of money. I did pay Cableson québec $1500 to obtain my copy of composer. It is only fot my own use. And my hobby.

I will probably become one of the most interesting C4 application here in Quebec, Montreal. With lots of Zigbee devices.

I just whant to complete the programing of my system, with this IP cam feature.

I can not understand why I am not able to update my MC.

Tanks for your help

Tanks for your help, Takitez!

Yes, I have rev 1.3.2 for composer. Here, we are taking rev for MC.

I still need some help from someone pleas/e.

JYA007

The problem that no one is telling this guy is he is NOT allowed to even have a version of Composer w/e version he has or does not have. Unless he is a dealer.......He already stated he is not a dealer, so humm?

IF you dealers are giving copies out, that is total BS and not fair to the rest of us NON dealers!!

I am not a dealer, I am a automation freak. It is one of my hobby.

I did pay Cableson québec $1500 to obtain my copy of composer. It is only fot my own use. And my hobby.

Tanks for your help

Humm Control4? Do you see what this guy is saying? Are your dealers now selling Composer to ENDUSERS?

Ryan? Help us out here.........I thought this was a direct violation of your own rules?

takitezsdc,

I'm a programmer. I'm not the person who writes the rules, knows what the rules are, or enforces the rules.

IMHO, If his dealer sold him Composer, then *his dealer* should be answering any questions he has about operating the software.

RyanE

IVS,

Yes, I did tried to update, but each time I get the sama message "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WWW.... something.

For the rest, Is it a crime to be a DIY person!

I paid my system over $30,000. Would C4 préfer to have dealer or custumer.

I think that takitezsdc is a litte bit frustrated, or jalous to realise that a normal guy can do his job.

Take it easy SDC.

Jean-Yves

A proud howner of a full functionnal Control4 system.

Hi lippavisual

Yes, it is connected, and Internet is working on my Laptop, but you maybe right, I tink it is related to networking. I will investigate that way.

Tanks.

PS: I paied $1500 so that the dealer accepte that I used his Composer.It was the only way I would buy C4 system.

Hi lippavisual

Yes, it is connected, and Internet is working on my Laptop, but you maybe right, I tink it is related to networking. I will investigate that way.

Tanks.

PS: I paied $1500 so that the dealer accepte that I used his Composer.It was the only way I would buy C4 system.

Jay I am not mad at you at all........What I am pissed about is I have a 5000 sqft home and spent over 50k on all my stuff and I was told by C4 and all the dealers that, END USERS DO NOT GET TO USE COMPOSER ...........PERIOD!!

Now I see that this dealer is selling it? Its total BS IMO..........either C4 needs to inforce their on rules or just sell Composer to the enduser!!!

Takitez!

You see, I had been honest with my dealer , Instead of hacking on the web,

Compose software. I did offer $1500, to the dealer so that I could do the programing by myself.

Remember, I am an automation freak, It is my Hobby, and I own an industrial automation company.

And honestly, I read some very bad experience with dealers on this forum, prior to do my move.

Finaly, I had some horilble expérience with Crestron dealer, Elan dealer, HAI dealer, ELK dealer, and others. That why manly I did it all by myself. I very often realize that I was much more qualified in programming, and audio-video gears then the dealer. Here in Montreal Home automation is not very popular. Thats maybe why I had so many bad experiences.

Voila !

Control4 dealers have been reprimanded for giving the software away (and until now, I've NEVER EVER heard of them selling it). Composer HE was 100% designed for the enthusiast market, such as you guys, that want to program your own systems etc... the only thing it will not allow is the control of loops (which would being a system to it's knees) and the addition of new hardware. All other functionality was left in place. It costs $199 (and comes with 1 year of 4Sight for free) - so jya007... i think you got screwed by paying $1500 to only gain two options in the software - plus you DO NOT get free upgrades, where as Composer HE subscribers do automatically

Archived