C4 Forums | Control4

Possible to have Panasonic camera trigger an event?

dgreenwade

I recently purchased and have been playing with a couple of Panasonic BL-C210A cameras in my project. I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck triggering an event via the camera driver.

I can have the camera do stuff through the Panasonic software/interface on different types of triggers, but I haven't figured out a way to get Control4 to respond to something the camera does.

For example, I'd like to turn a light on when the camera senses motion.

There aren't any real events under the driver other than changes in variables that I can tell. I have also experimented and those variables (X, Y, Width, Height, Preset, etc.) don't seem to change when I operate the camera or have the camera do certain things using triggers in the Panasonic interface.

Any advice or insight would be great.

If this isn't possible I guess I'll resort to installing a separate motion sensor to trigger the light.

Thanks!

David

I ve been playing with this with my Axis cameras and I cant see any motion detection events and I have the Security Soy Driver from EV which I thought may have had that as an option. I had been going down the announcement route of PIR senses motion trigger the camera announcement and display the cameras url (without much success as the screen turns on but stays at the C4 home page)

However as:

ILoveC4 wrote:

A lot if those will have a contact on them that cees when motion is detected. Does that model?

The Axis do have those I/O outputs so I have asked them the correct way to wire this up as I have an I/O extender as I could then have that trigger an event in Control4, I have some cameras that is it is inpractical to run a wire back to the rack so am wondering whether one of the Card Access wireless contact switches would work.

Will let you know how I get on

I recently purchased and have been playing with a couple of Panasonic BL-C210A cameras in my project. I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck triggering an event via the camera driver.

I can have the camera do stuff through the Panasonic software/interface on different types of triggers, but I haven't figured out a way to get Control4 to respond to something the camera does.

For example, I'd like to turn a light on when the camera senses motion.

There aren't any real events under the driver other than changes in variables that I can tell. I have also experimented and those variables (X, Y, Width, Height, Preset, etc.) don't seem to change when I operate the camera or have the camera do certain things using triggers in the Panasonic interface.

Any advice or insight would be great.

If this isn't possible I guess I'll resort to installing a separate motion sensor to trigger the light.

Thanks!

David

BL only has input triggering according to spec sheet. BB series has I/O capability.

I have Synology DS NAS and it includes 'Surveillance Station' which allows 'soft' event tracking. Basically, the software allows you to specify parameters to track motion detection and alerts. I get an email/text when someone walks up to my front door. I use both Panasonic and Foscam cameras, altho I don't have any tracking setup on my Foscams since they are internal to the house.

You do need to purchase additional camera licenses if you have more than one.

Quick thought which I m investigating, the Security Spy application has an Extra Veg driver to enable easy integration into Control4, there is motion detection in there and I m wondering if I can use this to trigger an event, I have raised a support ticket to ask that question. Security Spy supports many different types of camera check them out for the Panny.

As an aside I had a long convo with technical support at axis and as they have I/O s they can be hard connected to the I/O extender or by using the Axis P8221 they can send "Vapix" commands ( VAPIX® provides functionality for requesting images, controlling network camera functions (PTZ, relays etc.) and setting/retrieving internal parameter values. The purpose of the API is to make it easier for developers to build applications that support Axis video products)

This will allow me to not run cable from every camera back to the Control4 I/O extender and issue a Vapix command to open the port when motion is detected (I hope)

I just need to continue to play to get my announcement to function properly.....any tips gratefully received.

Something you might want to look at - but would require dealer help writing a driver - would be to use the built-in motion detection settings to send an HTTP notification.

In my settings, I have a Buffer/Transfer menu option. In there, there is a Trigger option. Under trigger, create a new schedule (always on for example). Upon motion detection, the camera can then send the image via HTTP (or FTP) to a remote web service.

If a dealer stood up a custom web service that spoke to C4, it could use the HTTP POST event (with the picture as input) and then fire any event in C4.

Shouldn't be that hard... (but I am not a dealer, so I'm not sure what is involved in writing a custom HTTP webservice that interfaces with C4)

Thanks

D.

Archived