C4 Forums | Control4

Sony DVP CX777ES-DVD: How to connect?

I'm using a standard serial cable maybe even the one that came with it not so sure.

The driver was installed and binded awhile back (over a year ago) havent had the need for it until recently

It is appearing in the TS but does not seem to be issue any commands. At least with IR I can tell when the light is blinking, being serial I have no visual indication. All i know is that it is not following the commands

Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work.

Thanks for the help.

Was it ordered through Control4? If not, that serial cable might not be the right one.

RyanE

The 777 did come from a Control4 dealer and it was actually brand new. Does the one Serial cable that came with the 777 box work? or is this a separate serial cable that you order from control4?

Will this work as well? DB9F/RJ-45,Modular Adaptor

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10415&cs_id=1041501&p_id=1153&seq=1&format=2

Thanks Ryan

Guess what? I found the cable right in the box. It is half a cable with a serial connection and 3 wires in the other end. Went through the manual doesn't say anything about the RS232 cable. I'm sure someone smart will tell me what to do with the 3 wires. :)

Back in the day, you'd take those 3 wires, and clip them down on the back of the HTC, or Media Controller.

:|

Nowadays, it's more common to go to Radio Shack ("You've got questions, we've got blank stares!"), and pick up a Null Modem cable.

RyanE

Back in the day, you'd take those 3 wires, and clip them down on the back of the HTC, or Media Controller.

Nowadays, it's more common to go to Radio Shack ("You've got questions, we've got blank stares!"), and pick up a Null Modem cable.

RyanE

Ahhh. It's all making sense now. Thanks Ryan

Ok so that mystery is solved. I was also hoping to use the serial driver for my Sharp and LG TV's and possibly DSC's IT100 I think I've read somewhere that that is a serial connection as well. Or anything else for that matter.

Is it always null modem serial cable to connect to the HC controllers? as oppose to the regular serial cables?

• 3 months later...

RyanE

Where in the back of the MC1?

• 3 weeks later...
Where in the back of the MC1?

Ok got the original serial cable that came with the 777.

Looks like half a serial cable with 3 wires at the other end. Black, red & white.

The MC1 serial port has TX / NC / RX / NC / RX+ / RX- / TX- / TX+

Which one goes where? , thanks

Archived