C4 Forums | Control4

"browse cds" icon

Hi All,

After 2.2 upgrade, a "browse cds" icon showed up in my "listen" menu in navigator. When I select it, i don't see any media - its empty. Anyone know what will get rid of it? I have a media library with songs and can see all of these in "my music".

Cheers,

James.

I wish "Browse CDs" would show on a TS :) 777 took-on junk status when Control4 decided it wasn't worth writing Flash for that function. C4 might have some/little desire to cater to movie junkies but they certainly don't give a rip about music collectors with CDs.

You mean like this :-). Taken from the 2.2 release notes.

-CD Browse – Added the Navigator user interface to support browsing and playback of CDs stored on disc changers.

Yeah I dont have a CD changer though! Xbox360, PS3, PC, DVD player, TV. Which of those makes C4 think there's cds to be changed?

Anything with a optical drive could have a CD loaded in it. So all of the above that have a CD or a DVD drive will interact with this. Although I thought it shouldn't show up unless you have a CD or DVD shown in the media section of Composer.

c4userguy, I thought we let you know about this,

For those looking to hide this, it is not where your would expect.

There is a post in the beta forums that explains it but I cannot get to it tonight.

Maybe Paul can help?

If not I will look for it in the afternoon

Brent

Yeah I dont have a CD changer though! Xbox360, PS3, PC, DVD player, TV. Which of those makes C4 think there's cds to be changed?

Anything which supports the media_type for CD and DVD proxy will show the browse CD option. That means that it assumes you can potentially add a CD to the device and it shows the icon for Browse CDs. As mentioned previously you can hide many of those sources from the listen menu inside composer if you wish to remove the Browse CD selection from the UI.

I hope this helps.

Matt

This thread is a joy and a frustration all in one. I know I'm not the only one with a massive CD collection. It is nice to see the selection for CDs now turned on. Thank you. However, others seem to view the extermination of the icon as a victory (Solved check mark).

Control4 doesn't really watch this forum I suppose but for the record, you did good by including support for CDs. Keep it there for now. Victory for me.

Archived