C4 Forums | Control4

TV Shows Section in Control4

Hey guys,

Im a C4 newbie, and I'm trying to figure out how I can go to the Watch section, and display a separate button for TV Shows. I have a bunch of TV shows ripped and downloaded, categorized into seasons. I currently use XBMC which is great for this. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this with C4? I don't want to just have everything listed in the Movies category. Thanks for your input!

Control4 doesn't do TV shows well at all. Stick with XBMC. All my tv shows show up as individual "movie" selections, and therefore I dont have many ripped.

IE: True Blood Season 1 Episode 1, True Blood Season 1 Episode 2

and not

True Blood

- Season 1

- Episode 1

Anyone have an idea if there could be a fix for this, funnily enough I played around with this and get exactly the issues described but Gracenotes has the meta data so if Control4 can distinguish between music and films, why not TV shows?

I tried to use XMBC but wasnt hugely successful as I was trying to use via Plex on my MacMini

Thank you for the prompt response codeman. Now that I'm on the subject.. My HTPC has a video card with hdmi out, which is what XBMC is running on. I only have the HTPC running in my media room with the projector hdmi input, so accessing my tv shows in my media room is no problem Throughout the rest of the house, I just have component distribution so my HTPC can not go to the rest of the house, therefore no XBMC to the other TVs. Do you know of any way I can distribute the HTPC to the rest of the house? Do I need to get a video card for my HTPC that has component output? However, I would like to have 1080p at least in the media room, and then 720p throughout the rest of the house is fine. Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Best solution is to merge all the videos into a single MKV or DVD file/folder, so you can select the episodes once the media plays. You can use a program like DVD Flick to do this.

Archived