C4 Forums | Control4

Updated Sonos Driver

kevinmuise

If you mean adding the drivers and setting it up, yes. I did one yesterday for the new version. The dealer needs the Mac or serial number(which contains the Mac) of the Sonos. They also need to know what the audio cable is connected to.

It can be done remotely, require adding the new driver and then deleting the old one and refreshing the navigators. Don't forget to look at the Watch page for order of sources, it will now be at the end.

If you are onsite, the better way is to add the driver, disable director then re-enable Director. This updates all driver to the newest version. No changes needed.

-An alternative for doing this remotely would be to putty in and reboot. Then you need to add the new license key if you are updating from a version prior to 5.x.

This long-awaited update is GREAT work by EV. I'll finally get my money's worth out of that driver now if I can just get them to respond to my dealer with the new license key he requested just before they went offline for CES.

I've requested several new keys since they changed their licensing methods which required old keys updated once you updated the driver. Every time they have responded within 24 hrs. They just add the license to his dealer account with them. Has your dealer set that up yet? If not then that is the hold up as they have no way to assign the key to his account.

This long-awaited update is GREAT work by EV. I'll finally get my money's worth out of that driver now if I can just get them to respond to my dealer with the new license key he requested just before they went offline for CES.

I've requested several new keys since they changed their licensing methods which required old keys updated once you updated the driver. Every time they have responded within 24 hrs. They just add the license to his dealer account with them. Has your dealer set that up yet? If not then that is the hold up as they have no way to assign the key to his account.

^This

If your dealer is *still* waiting for a code from us then he probably hasn't answered a question we sent him to assign the code to an account. We do get to every single licence transfer email within 1 working day. We weren't offline at CES, just not on the phone - we were still running our support helpdesk and responding to emails during the show.

If he's having issues, get him to put a ticket on our helpdesk and we'll sort it out.

He resent the request this morning. If you have questions, please work that out so I can get my new keys issued. I don't audit their email, but they're pretty conscientious and I'm sure they will respond to whatever else you need very quickly.

RE: CES - he mentioned he got an email from you guys saying something the effect of you were headed out to CES and would not be responding to things for awhile...

Archived