C4 Forums | Control4

FLAC Library - Some ripped albums play and others don't

I have a library of about 350 albums all encoded to flac, directory structure is \artist name\album name\01 - song.flac etc

I am on 2.1.1

The problem I am having is that quite a few of the albums play fine and others don't.

The media has been scanned in so it has picked them up, and the links are ok because if I play them through composer on my PC they work fine.

The difficulty is I have no information about why a particular album may not work, other than the IPAD skips the song and in the myhomepc it puts up a little message saying "Unable to play selected media". It appears to affect whole albums - so an album will work or it won't.

Is their a log file created that may provide some clues?

Any suggestions / help appreciated.

That's my problem, I am note sure there are differences, all ripped using the same encoder (Exact Audio Copy) although obviously over a period of time as we bought CDs. Same directory structure etc. Same processing through MediaMonkey to get the meta-data right etc.

I will try and rip some of these again and so if it solves the problem but it will be somewhat tedious to do that again ...

Alternatively I also have them all ripped in itunes format (originally ripped in flac for squeezebox systems) so maybe I could try scanning those into C4 and see what happens

Archived