C4 Forums | Control4

Help With CardAccess Garage Door Kit

My dealer installed the 2 Door Smart Garage package at my house yesterday. Both of the doors are working fine on C4, however once door #2 has been opened or closed through C4 the garage door opener in my car (my old one that I've always used) and wall button no longer work. This only happens on door #2 as door #1's old wall button and opener still work after the door has been controlled via C4. What could be causing this? Turning the power off and back on to my garage resets everything and the wall button and garage door opener will once again work. It appears that whenever I open or close Door #2 through C4 it is shorting out the wall button?? Any ideas?

Liftmaster, for example, wall controls do not work with a CA relay attached to the same terminals on the operator. It could very well be that operation is not guaranteed if some other device is paralleled-in with OE controller but still might work intermittently.

All garage door openers that I know of ( I am in the garage door business) have two terminals designed to receive a hard wired wall mount push button. Closing a circuit across these terminals will activate the door.

The opener is only looking for a monetary closing of the circuit to function

If the opener is on the closed limit switch the door will open and it will close if on the open limit switch. If the door is halfway between the direction is dependent on the opener software but normally it will go the opposite direction to the last travel.

As you have 2 doors and only 1 has the problem we can probably assume they are wired the same. I would suggest the ca relay is is possibly staying on or is faulty. How an opener will behave if the circuit is left permanently closed will depend on the software in the opener but yours may be choosing to ignore a permanent contact which would render your wall switch and maybe your handset inactive. But turning off the opener your are resetting the software and possibility the ca relay if it is plugged into the same power outlet.

I would suggest operating the door with c4 so it is in fault condition and then physically disconnect the ca relay wires attached to the terminals of the opener. If your handset and wall switch work then you have found the culprit.

Good luck

My problem is now resolved. One of the garage motors had been set to Toggle instead of Pulse. Thanks for the help :)

do you mean the relay was set to toggle not pulse??

Garage door opener Motors only run on or off

Archived