C4 Forums | Control4

Any way to get a Roku to work with 1.7.4?

I really don't want to upgrade to 2.0+ as I know its going to cost me a fortune and will slow down my working system. Is there any other way?

I got so fed up with installers coming over and quoting me 10k for a days work and a few pieces of equipment that I self installed a redeye pro in the areas of my place where my 300's and 200' boxes stopped working.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Ray

I really don't want to upgrade to 2.0+ as I know its going to cost me a fortune and will slow down my working system. Is there any other way?

I got so fed up with installers coming over and quoting me 10k for a days work and a few pieces of equipment that I self installed a redeye pro in the areas of my place where my 300's and 200' boxes stopped working.

Ray

Really/

5k and I will sell you an hc800 and upgrade you to 2.2

And I will pay for my own ticket.

Brent

This is a joke I would be cheaper.

Ray

Really/

5k and I will sell you an hc800 and upgrade you to 2.2

And I will pay for my own ticket.

Brent

This is a joke I would be cheaper.

It's too bad you took the stance of not picking up business on this forum that's outside your area =)

I agree though...if you're getting $10k labor quotes on upgrading firmware, someone is crazy.

On the Connections sub menu, click on the "network" tab and find the Roku device and double click it.

One thing to note is the Roku doesn't allow you to set a static IP address, so one way around that is to reserve an ip address in your dhcp server for the mac address of your Roku. Otherwise you would have to go through the exercise above every time your Roku changes ip addresses. Hope that makes sense.

Archived