C4 Forums | Control4

Wiring Advice: Backyard Hot Tub / Sprinkler / Philips Color Kinetics

Hi All, I'm looking to start landscape design for my backyard.

I"m looking to integrate:

Hot Tub: No clue what's needed. Can any hot tub be integrated? Any pointers and recommendation appreciated.

Sprinkler System: Again no clue. I've read a bit about Rain8net. Is this a retro unit I could do after? Or some planning required. Looks like I would need serial for this what kind straight through?

Philips Color kinetics: Is outdoor lighting even available for this product?

The landscape design will include. A cabana, a gate, a pond or water feature. basketball court (half), mini putt green and the hot tub and sprinkler of course.

I really need advice on how integrate these and what cables/wiring I need to bury. Any ideas and what cool things you've done in your yard will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hot Tub: Pentair Intellitouch or Jandy Aqualink. Both basically control over rs232.

Sprinkler System: Rain8 Net. Basically it talks RS232 or IP to control4, and it has a bunch of relays to control the zones.

Philips Color kinetics: I think they're DMX controlled. I think I've seen a DMX driver, not sure.

Buy an IO extender or two. That gives you lots of RS232 controls and relay ports. You can do most of all this off of rs232 and relay controls.

Interesting... My company could lose a few Mac 3k's off the back of our truck and my house could have it's own security search lights......

Edited to add

I'm glad I didn't know about this before, My profession comes home enough. But oh the awesome things I could do with this new knowledge.... I need a much larger cheque book.

Archived