C4 Forums | Control4

Need Help

After moving to a new state a few months back, I searched for a new dealer so that I could explore some of the other features of the system that I have seen and heard of on this forum. Besides Best Buy who I wouldn't use I decided to go with a dealer that seemed like he knew what he was doing. Yes he was a mistake

I had him add two Outlet Dimmers to my system and had him program some basic lighting scenes and I mean very basic.

I have a lighting system now that is a separate system and I wanted to control a couple of lights with control 4 and see how I liked it with the system. So this was a test so to speak for doing more with control 4

Now for the issues

If I try to control any single lamp, the system does nothing and about 30 to 60 seconds later the light may turn on. This happens in both the living room and in the bedroom and is the same way with the remotes or my iphone. The lighting scenes work instantly and without a problem every time.

Since the dealer left, the bedroom remote a SR250 is not working properly. It sometimes locks up where the screen stays on or won't turn on or will control the sound but not the cable box. I have tried the pull batteries thing and the first time it fixed it for a few hours the second time it took 5 minutes to reload the remote. I did not have one problem with this remote before the lights were added. The iphone app controls the cable and sound without a hitch so the issue is only with the remote.

I know I have a very basic system which is a HC300 & HC200 and if I want to add a lot of light switches I will need to add a new HC800 but I would think the HC300 should be fine controlling two outlets since it is nothing more than a glorified remote for the TV's and music.

I will be searching for another dealer since this one will only come out to fix the issue if I pay him more money even though what he put in isn't working and he was more interested in selling me an upgrade and new remotes and other items I don't need at this point. I was told by him that sometimes they need to tweek an install but it is at an additional charge. Are you kidding me? How about getting it working the first time. :(

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I can try to fix this or what I should tell the dealer he needs to look at to fix it. I'm thinking charge back unless he gets it all working and then I will find another dealer

I saw some suggestions on here but don't want to try anything that would make everything worse.

Thanks in advance all

I don't know what to tell you about your dealer situation, but your issue sounds to me like your ZigBee mesh is located on a channel that also has a lot of WiFi traffic.

Lights should be controlled instantaneously.

RyanE

How would I see what channel the Zigbee is on? Is this something I can change the channel or is it better to change the channel on the WiFi?

I have Verizon Fios in the house and the router is having issues. I am waiting on Verizon to send me out a new one. Could that be causing the problems?

I don't think there is much on the Zigbee. I really have a small system.

2 SR250 Remotes

1 IPhone License

2 Outlet Dimmers

1 HC300

1 HC200

1 ipod Dock

The system pretty much controls the family room TV, bluray, cable and now one light. The bedroom controls a TV, cable and two lights

I also have whole house music but all the system does is control what source is playing thru the outputs

Thanks for the help

Archived