C4 Forums | Control4

Help with CardAccess Contact Sensor and Elk 930 Doorbell

I am trying to install the cardaccess doorbell kit and having some trouble. I have an electronic doorbell that is always getting about 8 Volts to it. When I press the button it receives around 17V. The contact sensor seems to just be randomly working some of the time and the rest of the time it hangs up and thinks the contact is closed. Am I going to have to switch to a traditional doorbell or is there a way to make what I am trying to do work?

I have the line from the transformer line going through the ELK doorbell detector INPUT as per the instructions and from the ELK NEG to the common on the contact switch and from ELK OUT to contact input 1.

I am trying to install the cardaccess doorbell kit and having some trouble. I have an electronic doorbell that is always getting about 8 Volts to it. When I press the button it receives around 17V. The contact sensor seems to just be randomly working some of the time and the rest of the time it hangs up and thinks the contact is closed. Am I going to have to switch to a traditional doorbell or is there a way to make what I am trying to do work?

I have the line from the transformer line going through the ELK doorbell detector INPUT as per the instructions and from the ELK NEG to the common on the contact switch and from ELK OUT to contact input 1.

I got a little crazy with mine, because I wanted to be able to deactivate the chime when my kids were sleeping, but you can see how I wired it up here:

attachment.php?item=281&download=1

It's awesome. This has been posted before I believe but it's an excellent schem. for even pro installers to follow. Nothing less is expected of you Dan, always a huge resource to us. Thank you from my heart.

It's awesome. This has been posted before I believe but it's an excellent schem. for even pro installers to follow. Nothing less is expected of you Dan, always a huge resource to us. Thank you from my heart.

Thanks, but I can't take all the credit.

Ben Adams is the mastermind behind that deal.

Archived