C4 Forums | Control4

Sony CAV12 and AppleTv 2 integration Component

I am looking for some advice. I want to down convert my Apple TV 2 signal to Component to allow me to use it with my Sony CAV12. I have used the converter below from Amazon and this works fine through the video switch to my smaller tv's (26" and 32") but the usability is very inconsistent on my larger 42" and 55" TV's. I have swapped out the converter and still have the same results. Any input would be appreciated. I would love to move to one of the HDMI switches but that isn"t practical right now.

Thank,

Mark

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-component-AV-Converter/dp/B002WBOQPU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334605520&sr=1-1

I've used an HDFury2 to do this (not Apple TV but blueray for up-conversion of standard DVD's) and have not had issues. Looks like they have come out with a V3 and a V4 since I purchased, but have had great luck with the HDFury2 using the CAV12 and various sizes of Samsung TV's 32-63 inches.

Out of curiosity, what issues are you having? I ran into a issue with the CAV12 itself. Certain video sources would have a distorted line for a few seconds. Turns out this particular cable run was too short. Literally adding 50 more feet of cable coiled on the ground made the problem go away.

You can get them from the link below and occasionally they show up on ebay.

Official site:

http://www.hdfury.com

go for HDfury, the viewHD is totally crap ! it won't give you any decent picture above 20 inch screen.

People who report viewHD as working solution have never tried any HDfury and can't even figure out what they are missing.

There is screenshot of HDF1 vs ViewHD, and the viewHD doesn't even come close to the first HDfury device back in 2007, so imagine how it compare to recent one. Also viewHD tried to sold their crap under "hdfury pro" brand, which just show how badclones, copycat and lame they are, see that video on youtube for viewhd so called "hdfury pro" and its "quality" :

I've used an HDFury2 to do this (not Apple TV but blueray for up-conversion of standard DVD's) and have not had issues. Looks like they have come out with a V3 and a V4 since I purchased, but have had great luck with the HDFury2 using the CAV12 and various sizes of Samsung TV's 32-63 inches.

Out of curiosity, what issues are you having? I ran into a issue with the CAV12 itself. Certain video sources would have a distorted line for a few seconds. Turns out this particular cable run was too short. Literally adding 50 more feet of cable coiled on the ground made the problem go away.

You can get them from the link below and occasionally they show up on ebay.

Official site:

http://www.hdfury.com

Thanks for all the replies

chicagoskiguy. Here are my answers to your questions

The screen constitantly flickers when on the main AppleTv menu and then the sub menus are better but still inconsistent.

That sounds like a different issue - probably is the HDMI/Component converter.

The issue I had with the CAV12 involved a fairly short cable run (@20 feet). It occasionally displayed a horizontal line of color (Could reproduce 100% of the time on Discovery channel), and it would resolve itself back to a perfect image after a few seconds. Was irritating more than anything else.

Good Luck!

Archived