C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access Garage Automation

thank you nascent. glad to know the freak squad was right on this diagram.

so do i just need 2 CA RMC10A or something similar and then make the connections per the diagram? The CA package is convenient but it sounds like ill save a few hundred bucks to put towards more items since i'm lucky enough to have attic access and vinyl siding.

This solution would allow me to see status of the garage door and open and close correct?

Any one using the CA recessed sensors and sensor bridge to monitor doors or other devices?

Yes. If you're going to have the sensor bridge you might as well use those sensors to monitor the status. Just make sure your bindings are setup correctly.

And you only need ONE Card Access unit. One will control two relays.

This is Correct you only need one RMC10A to monitor the state of a single garage door. I use the sensor bridge in my house to monitor quite a few of my doors I use them on several interior doors like the pantry and laundry room so as soon as I open the door I have lights on. I feel they work a tad quicker than a motion in the same situation. I also have a mix of our micro sensors and the ION micro window and plunger sensors. I have those on most windows so if a window is left open for more than X minutes the AC turns off. The window sensors are also nice for a sort of self monitored security system.

thank you nascent. glad to know the freak squad was right on this diagram.

so do i just need 2 CA RMC10A or something similar and then make the connections per the diagram? The CA package is convenient but it sounds like ill save a few hundred bucks to put towards more items since i'm lucky enough to have attic access and vinyl siding.

This solution would allow me to see status of the garage door and open and close correct?

Any one using the CA recessed sensors and sensor bridge to monitor doors or other devices?

Yes. If you're going to have the sensor bridge you might as well use those sensors to monitor the status. Just make sure your bindings are setup correctly.

And you only need ONE Card Access unit. One will control two relays.

I would like to be able to say the Bridge is something I would use but how does this supplement a full-blown security system or doesn't it?

I don't see how it would. It just allows GE Wireless Sensors to communicate with Control4. It's basically a box that listens to GE Sensors, translates it to C4, and sends the message to Director via Zigbee. It happens freaky fast though...like instantly.

If your security system is fully integrated, it does all that stuff already, just over a connection other than zigbee...the panel communicates directly with the Director.

Archived