C4 Forums | Control4

Aircam Dome or AirCam Ip camera

I have the Aircam dome I have been testing and was wanting to know if anyone had one of these IP camera's working through C4. The camera's are made by a company called Ubiquiti.

I have been pretty impressed with the camera quality for the price so far.

Please let me know if there is driver available or an alternate driver that I could use.

thanks in advance for everyone's help.

http://www.ubnt.com/airvision

cheers Jason

Nobody is busting your balls, I'm all for a $129 dome. Obviously there are more feature rich, higher priced options, but if I can get what I need for $129 why not!

I can't tell by quickly browsing the URL you linked to, but it needs to support outputting an image to a specific, static URL, without requiring credentials. Furthermore, it has to output MJPEG at various resolutions, and the resolution is dictated in the URL.

Right off the bat I see H.264 and think no, this probably won't make writing a driver easy if possible at all. MPEG (1 maybe 2 I think) is needed. C4 uses image sizes of various proportions throughout so more than one res and no higher than 640x480 is supported properly. I can't see a doc that supports the ability to select lower resolutions.

Sorry, must have interpreted your note. My buddy has a networking company and he has been using Ubiquiti's access point and has been having good luck so he bought some of their cameras to try.

I will try and use another driver and try and make it work this weekend.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Cheers Jason

what driver are you using? I also ment to mention I will be viewing on a 7" infiniti edge screen. I will log into my server and test some of these things.

Geovision driver made by someone other than me. It seems to work as well as I could have expected on a model 130 cam. If you can go up another $100USD this cam is nice.

I have no problem going up in cost to get camera that works with C4. I only need a dome and three bullets.

So I tested some more tonight. I can use the web image driver. I put in the proper ip address and port. I also have to check HTTP authenication with the username and password in Composer.

I'm able to view the camera's image on any of my apple products, but I have to put in the username and password for the camera's authenication.

I was not able to see an image on the 7" touchscreens(infiniti edge)

I tried a couple of Panasonic and Axis drivers with the same information but got no image.

Thanks again for the effort.

Cheers Jason

^Yeah, sorry, I'm sort of limited in what I can do as an end-user. I have gotten the Panasonic Pan/Tilt/Zoom driver to work with all my own cams here. All I can say is that an H.264-only cam is not going to play with C4 well.

• 2 weeks later...
what driver are you using? I also ment to mention I will be viewing on a 7" infiniti edge screen. I will log into my server and test some of these things.

Geovision driver made by someone other than me. It seems to work as well as I could have expected on a model 130 cam. If you can go up another $100USD this cam is nice.

May I ask where can you get the Geovision driver from

Archived