C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with control4 amplifier AVM-16A-B

We have recently noticed (although it may have been happening for some time) that one speaker is much louder the the other in many of our rooms (diference varies from room to room). I am fairly sure the problem is with it the amplifier as switching the inputs on the room causes the volume problem to also swap sides of the room. Using the controls on the from of the amp I can see that the balance is set to the middle position in all the rooms. Other then that might there be some setting that causes this sort of problem? Does this sort of problem ring a bell with anyone? Is there a way to do a hard reset on the amplifier to see if that resolves it?

Assuming there is a real problem with my amp, does control4 provide repairs for out of warrantee equipment and if so does do they have reasonable turnaround times so that our house is not silent for weeks. Almost every room relies on this amp.

Thanks for your insights.

Jeff

What type of source are you feeding when this happens or doesn't it matter?

Source does not seem to matter. All the input is fed from a control4 matrix switch. I am seeing the problem with all sources

including a the control4 XM tuner, an apple TV 3 and a Tivo.

Jeff

If you use any Control4 UI (On-Screen or touchpanels), you can install the Control4 Graphical EQ app, which will let you check the balance and volume and equalizer levels on the amplifier zones, to verify it's not an amp settings issue.

RyanE

If you use any Control4 UI (On-Screen or touchpanels), you can install the Control4 Graphical EQ app, which will let you check the balance and volume and equalizer levels on the amplifier zones, to verify it's not an amp settings issue.

RyanE

I am still running 1.8, maybe I need to think about upgrading... Not sure it would solve my current problem but sounds like it would give me tools to understand it better. Have been avoiding it til now under the idea that if nothing is broken dont touch it.

One thing I did do during construction was install local L-Pads and mode selector switches (Local/rack source) in each zone. So, I could punch yet another hole in the wall and install a fader pot. Just a thought and will never get that far unless I run out of my "special" medication.

Parole Officer: Are you on some sort of drug son?

Userguy: Nnnnooo ssssir

Parole Officer: What's that smell on you? Whose your supplier TALK!!!

Userguy: Ppppaaauul or something, man. Ccccconttttrolfffourrrrr Fffforrrrumsss or something like that...

Archived