C4 Forums | Control4

iPhone MyHome Channels Fail To Load

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the iPhone MyHome app where the 'channels' media fails to load and the circle just spins endlessly?

I've had this problem for some time and it looked like the latest update of the MyHome app had fixed it (ran great for a week or so) but the problem has returned. I have to go and 'update' the project to get them back once this happens. It doesn't happen every time, just once in a while but is very annoying.

I have an iPhone 4 but it is doing the same thing on my partner's iphone 3g and on my daughter's iPad.

System is on 1.8.2

Ben

There are issues with the iPhone update and C4 1.8.x. I don't use the Channels media on my system but there were some issues with the thermostat. See my post(s) at http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=11668. I also have instructions to roll back to the previous version.

The only caveat is that you can no longer 'Update All Apps' on the iphone once you roll back. I have actually had enough and will be upgrading to 2.0 as soon as I can (2-3 months).

AC

There are issues with the iPhone update and C4 1.8.x. I don't use the Channels media on my system but there were some issues with the thermostat. See my post(s) at http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=11668. I also have instructions to roll back to the previous version.

The only caveat is that you can no longer 'Update All Apps' on the iphone once you roll back. I have actually had enough and will be upgrading to 2.0 as soon as I can (2-3 months).

AC

There is a new app update to fix the issues related to the thermostats on 1.8

AC

There is a new app update to fix the issues related to the thermostats on 1.8

Really? I didn't realize this was out already. Thanks for the update.

The issue I described has been happening on every version of the MyHome app I have had, which would date back at least 3 or 4 updates so rolling back definitely won't solve it.

Like I said, the latest version has been doing it less frequently but I'm disappointed it's still happening. Having to re-update the project to get the channels back is very irritating. It means a minute or 2 wait before you can properly use your 'remote', which is far from ideal.

Ben

It means a minute or 2 wait before you can properly use your 'remote', which is far from ideal.

Ben

Not seeing that on any systems with zigbee on hc800s or 250s. Since you'll likely have to buy an update license it's worth it to just get a new controller. Just my opinion.

Archived