C4 Forums | Control4

ip camera

nikon90s

I am looking for a ip camera that does not cost too much. I am only going to have a hc250 and the remote and want to have 2 or three cameras. I have looked at the Panasonic but I can't justify the cost. anything else I should look at?

I use FOSCAM cameras in the house. My outside cams are Panasonic. The Foscams work through C4. See the following thread:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=6129

Now that I have VPN setup rather than exposing my HC-300 to the web, it is so much better. All functions work without any issues. Now all I need is for the VPN to automatically kick in when I start the C4 app on my iPhone. It seems it's possible to do with Apple's iPhone configuration tool. If anyone has done, please let me know. Or else I'll post it here at some point.

I use FOSCAM cameras in the house. My outside cams are Panasonic. The Foscams work through C4. See the following thread:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=6129

Now that I have VPN setup rather than exposing my HC-300 to the web, it is so much better. All functions work without any issues. Now all I need is for the VPN to automatically kick in when I start the C4 app on my iPhone. It seems it's possible to do with Apple's iPhone configuration tool. If anyone has done, please let me know. Or else I'll post it here at some point.

Can you comment on the PQ of the Foscam?

The PQ (assuming picture quality) is awesome. I have the Foscam FI8918W cameras. They work pretty good at night as long as it's not pitch dark. I only use them inside so I can't compare the pics right now but I like what I see. I don't have any presets setup so I can't seem to remember if PTZ is working or not. I can't swipe and have it PT. But with these being in rooms, they pretty much never need to be moved around.

Bottom line, I would say they are as good as the Panasonics in terms of PQ.

The PQ (assuming picture quality) is awesome. I have the Foscam FI8918W cameras. They work pretty good at night as long as it's not pitch dark. I only use them inside so I can't compare the pics right now but I like what I see. I don't have any presets setup so I can't seem to remember if PTZ is working or not. I can't swipe and have it PT. But with these being in rooms, they pretty much never need to be moved around.

Bottom line, I would say they are as good as the Panasonics in terms of PQ.

Would you care to post some pics? Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic of the garage cam in daylight. the glare from the windows doesn't help but you can see it's very clear.

For some reason, I'm unable to upload a picture as an image or attachment. I'll try again later.

• 6 months later...

No it doesn't buy I'm not sure I have the right driver.

I have a Synology DS and I use their app to browse my cameras anyway. The app notifies me of events using a push service introduced with DSM 4.0 and its much faster to get to the live feed. Of course, this doesn't work for everyone.

Archived