C4 Forums | Control4

Media Info/Cover Art Management

Letran

I'm just starting to load media in C4. I have painstakingly searched each movie and mp3 title to get the correct info and cover art.

I've noticed that I lose the manually selected/corrected cover art each time I rescan. Is there a way to save these lock them in so that I do not lose them when I rescan? Is there a file that is saved under that I could back up separately? How does others handle their media info. Is there a third party media manager that works with C4.

I have about 4tb of .ifo, .mkv etc played through the Netgear EVA9100 connected to a NAS and uses MyMovies to manage the media info for Netgear

I have about 40gb of Music files is currently on an MC1.

I'm using HC1000 as a director.

Thanks

Once you've done it manually, don't scan. I do this and it isn't a hassle since I only add a few titles at a time.

Ooops, too late for that.

Thanks Cody, I was afraid that that would be the ONLY solution. I was really hoping for a separate file for this media that I could save and sneak in after a rescan.

I manually add movies/album info and rescan all the time without losing anything.

I think what you need to do is at least attempt to use the lookup tool, then modify it. I do that all the time and don't have any issue with it.

I know next to nothing about this subject (sorry for butting-in) but I have never seen manually-entered data "saved" after performing a rescan. I really don't think it's designed to operate that way but like I said, I know little about this subject.

^Don't do it for me. So, I just had to try it for myself. I don't hardly mess with movies so believe me, I have no idea what I'm doing. But, I manually modified one title then did a SCAN and sure enough, my modified title was still there. Thanks for inspiring me to find this out for myself.

I manually add movies/album info and rescan all the time without losing anything.

I think what you need to do is at least attempt to use the lookup tool, then modify it. I do that all the time and don't have any issue with it.

I'd be interested

I know by experience for music (mp3s) I've recanned a few times now that the cover art changes or disappear. If I change the title or any info, I change directly on the file itself and that of course stays. There might also be a way to attach the album art cover to the file or folder itself but that I do not know how to do.

Movie wise, knowing my experience with the music cover art I only rescaned once and It seems that either I lost the synopsis or characters or both on several titles Now movie titles I haven't had to do any correction or changes so I can't say that the rescan changes any title corrections I've made.

I think what you need to do is at least attempt to use the lookup tool' date=' then modify it. I do that all the time and don't have any issue with it.

.[/quote']

I'd be interested

I know by experience for music (mp3s) I've recanned a few times now that the cover art changes or disappear. If I change the title or any info, I change directly on the file itself and that of course stays. There might also be a way to attach the album art cover to the file or folder itself but that I do not know how to do.

Movie wise, knowing my experience with the music cover art I only rescaned once and It seems that either I lost the synopsis or characters or both on several titles Now movie titles I haven't had to do any correction or changes so I can't say that the rescan changes any title corrections I've made.

Movies and music work the same.

Edit: I will try and find some time tl shoot a video.

• 5 months later...

Archived