C4 Forums | Control4

Sprinkler Programming Question

I have a Rain8 Net sprinkler control on order. In anticipation, I started the programming in composer 2.1.0. I followed a fellow forum members instructions for programming and linking the relay contacts on the rain8. Everything seems to work so far.

Then, I wanted to make a custom button that would enable me to put the sprinkler system into it's sequence which would operate each zone for 20 minutes individually. So I created a custom button called "sprinkler on" and another called "sprinkler off"

The scheduled program for the sprinkler was set up with six individual schedules all 20 minutes apart. This would run one zone at a time and was triggered by a time of the day. However, I wanted the custom button to start the sequence when it was pushed irregardless of the time of the day. So I programmed the button by starting the timing sequence for zone 1 then adding a 20 minute delay. Then started zone 2 and added another 20 minute delay and so on.

When I tried it, it worked but I could not shut the timers off. I programmed the off button simply by adding "timer stop" for each of the six zones. It seems the delay really screws up the programming and I could not shut the timers down. I removed the 20 minute delay in the on button program and it worked fine but I can not have all 6 zones come on at the same time.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks

Barry

Use timers, not delays. Have each zone starting dependent on a variable being true. If you want to shut it off turn the variable false. When the variable goes false have it stop all timers and turn off any active zones.

Why would you want timers as opposed to Schedules with programmed bit state changes?? I know nothing about the Rain8 interface or what it includes so I'll just assume it allows comms between C4 and the flow relays.

That's a good point. Scheduling each "zone" turning on would make more sense. Timers beat out delays everytime in my book though.

Archived