C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbell Dilemma

I've never had a false trigger with mine.

Mine is wired out of the norm due to additional functionality I was after. There is a thread here that discusses how mine is wired.

I saw that post. Is there anything special about how the OUT and NEG terminals on the ELK-930 is tied to the Contact Sensors?

I have had three false triggers since mid January when I set it up...

Only seems to happen with in the first hour of watching TV or a movie...

Like Schrader said, "doorbell announcement has played, but no one has physically pushed the doorbell."

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys .. I am setting up my Doorbell to play announcements etc through the Control4 System.

I have the following Equipment:

ELK-930 Doorbell Detector

Card Access (WCS10A) Wireless Control Sensor

the Doorbell is wired through the Elk which is in turned wired to the CardAccess wirelessSensor .. When I press the doorbell I can see the Wireless sensor going red which looks like its transmitting something alright ..

On the C4 Composer I have added the driver for the Card Access and tried to Register the Sensor by pressing the button 4 times as per manual .. However it does not seem to be registered .. No Mac Address is appearing for the device in Composer? Any ideas? Thanks

On the C4 Composer I have added the driver for the Card Access and tried to Register the Sensor by pressing the button 4 times as per manual .. However it does not seem to be registered .. No Mac Address is appearing for the device in Composer? Any ideas? Thanks

Are you sure its the right driver? Is it a new CA piece and on Zigbee Pro?

Hi Codeman,

Thanks alot for your reply to my post.

The following is the Sensor I have ...

http://www.cardaccess-inc.com/automation/products/index.php?a=details&i=WCS10A-2

Im using Composer 1.7.1 to add the Drivers ane the driver I'm adding is found by searching by Manufacturer => Card Access => WCS 10

I add the driver and then try to identify the sensor by pushing the button 4 times.

Archived