C4 Forums | Control4

ReCluseAV Ness/Elk M1 zone feedback problem

We installed a C4 system a number of months ago running 2.0.1. The client has a Elk M1 and when the original programing was done we had the C4 M1 driver installed. At that time we were getting faulted zone feedback on the C4 7" touch screens and the client was happy. Since them we have migrated to 2.2.1 and at some point along the way zone feedback stopped working . I have worked with the security company to make sure that all of the M1 setting are correct. We purchased the ReCluseAV Ness/Elk M1 driver hopping that the zone feedback problem would go away. No luck, we are still not getting zone feedback. Any help in solving this or information as to changes in C4 OS that may effecting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug Doyle

It is important to remember that after a disconnection between the 2 systems, the m1 needs to armed, disarmed for status feedback to start.

This can happen after someone enters programming on the m1, a restart of c4 ect.

Hi Doug,

It sounds like you have not setup the global programming locations on the M1. Note Location 36 Zone Changes. See quick start info below.

Setup

-----

Although both RS232 and Ethernet connections are available you can only setup one at any time.

This driver is setup to communicate via the default 115,200 Baud Rate for serial communications. Please follow the instructions found in the M1 Installation Manual for setup of serial communications.

If you are utilising the M1XEP make sure you identify the driver by typing in the IP address of the M1 this can be done via the connections -> network tab. If the IP address of the M1 changes then communications will be lost.

This driver utilises the unsecured port 2101 for communications. Please ensure that this is setup on the M1XEP.

You must enable the following options in the Panel setup to get zone and partition changes:

Global Programming Location 35 Xmit EventLog-ASCII (Yes)

Global Programming Location 36 Xmit Zone Chgs-ASCII (Yes)

Global Programming Location 37 Xmit OutputChgs-ASCII (Yes)

Global Programming Location 38 Xmit Task Chgs - ACII (Yes)

Global Programming Location 39 Xmit Light Chgs-ASCII (Yes)

Global Programming Location 40 Xmit KeypadKeys-ASCII (Yes)

Thanks Alan got your e-mail too. However I am still having problems. I am programing this system remotely and working with someone on site. What our on site installer told me was in previous versions of the security system proxy there was a button that was used for showing open zone status. That button know longer exist. If anyone can verify that it would be great.

Archived