C4 Forums | Control4

TiVo software update causing control problems?

I'm using the TiVo IP driver on my own home configuration. Have two boxes. Over the weekend, TiVo did a service upgrade to their software. Now it seems that the boxes won't respond to network control commands w/o a reboot once they've gone to sleep. They still show up on the network, and communicate fine w/ the outside world. But completely ignore any commands given by the 800 that is running my project. I know it is a TiVo issue because not even the remote app on the Android will see the boxes as network controllable. I tried editing the driver to remove the standby command, but for some reason it still does it.

Anyone confirm or elaborate on this?

i have both unplugged the cat5 cable as well as doing a soft reboot (holding button on front in until it reboots) both with no affect. guess i'll try a hard reboot of the tivo next with the cat5 cable unplugged?

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same issue here. I lose the ip connection around midnight every night. Any idea if the controller is doing some housekeeping tasks at midnight that would cause it to fail on a network connection.

I've been going back and forth with TiVo tech support for the last few weeks about this issue, which is still going on. They have no clue what I'm talking about and have "never heard of this issue before." Oddly enough, I stumbled across a possible solution while googling around. I found a Crestron (yes, they are having this problem too) Yahoo Groups conversation about the same thing. And now I'm kind of mad at myself for not checking this. But it seems like what is happening is that even though the box has a static IP, every 24 hours it goes out and requests a DHCP address and sets that internally as the current IP address. Which is why it does not respond after that point but works after a reboot or by disconnecting/reconnecting the network connection. I just passed that info on to TiVo tech support, I'll see what they say tomorrow. It seems like a DHCP reservation in the router is the band-aid for this new "feature." heh

I was having a similar issue and it ended up being that the IP address kept changing for some reason, the only way to fix was to go into my router and make a static IP reservation in the router itself, set the TIVO for DHCP not static and then reboot TIVO.

Archived