C4 Forums | Control4

New installation

Hey guys! I am doing a new construction in my house now, And I wanted to install control 4. I designated a special aviation closet for the control 4 brain, cable boxes , xbox, pc etc! running cat5 and hdmi cables through the house from the closet. I plan on getting verizon fios internet/tv/phone. So can i run the coax cable to the closet as well? And any other suggestions will help as well!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend you allow VZ to run coax to your MI-424. Tell the installer to go Ethernet from the ONT. A few reasons for doing this that you can read about elsewhere on the internet. Might as well run CAT6 or higher, not CAT5e. HDMI cables through the house?? Why?

That's a good plan. I could go on & on about what I think you should do but getting the tribes together in one room is a smart start. Are you looking for ideas at this point or do you have a scope-of-work drafted?

Ill sum it up for you, I prefer the less wires the better, I want control 4 being able to control the tv's, cable tv, pc,xbox, surround sound, lighting,thermostat. I actually have bought the thermostats,dimmers and light switches for cheaper then it would probably cost me from a dealer. So what I would need from the dealer is, The controllers and programming. Mezuri systems quoted me the following, which i think is absurd.

Well Considering, i do not believe it would take 30 hours to install/program the stuff. All i need the dealer to do is program the C4, I would have my electrician set it up. And the accessories Ive been offered by other dealers a 25% discount. I already purchased 5 dimmers, 5 light switches and 3 thermostats. So can you give me a ballpark price

Ill sum it up for you, I prefer the less wires the better, I want control 4 being able to control the tv's, cable tv, pc,xbox, surround sound, lighting,thermostat. I actually have bought the thermostats,dimmers and light switches for cheaper then it would probably cost me from a dealer. So what I would need from the dealer is, The controllers and programming. Mezuri systems quoted me the following, which i think is absurd.

The control4 gear he quoted you is the list price, so it's not excessive. The labor is impossible for anyone to tell you without knowing what that labor is for (will they be running cat5, speaker wire, will it need to be retrofitted, etc).

The labor is impossible for anyone to tell you without knowing what that labor is for (will they be running cat5, speaker wire, will it need to be retrofitted, etc).

The quote in question is exclusive of wire and wire pulling. The firm has stated labor is an estimate only. This is where the owner can negotiate and should do so before, during and after the install. If possible, get payment terms up front to keep both parties honest. Good luck.

The labor is impossible for anyone to tell you without knowing what that labor is for (will they be running cat5' date=' speaker wire, will it need to be retrofitted, etc).[/quote']

The quote in question is exclusive of wire and wire pulling. The firm has stated labor is an estimate only. This is where the owner can negotiate and should do so before, during and after the install. If possible, get payment terms up front to keep both parties honest. Good luck.

If the quote doesn't include running wire, then I'm not sure what in the world would take 30 hours.

^Perhaps true, my systems in NYC were pricier than that in LA. ^^Physician? $125/hr.? Perhaps a Chiro but not an M.D.

125*40*52=$260k

Show me an internist that averages that and only works 40 hours a week?

Truth is most work around 60 hours a week and then make $260k.

Well Considering, i do not believe it would take 30 hours to install/program the stuff....

I just checked my quote from ages ago. 80 hrs. charged for just the Control4 guy. Wiring guy was on top of that. Of course, this is for a much larger system.

Archived