C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Amplifier

AJ_

Can C4 amplifiers be daisy-chained? Or do I simply hook up multiple amplifiers and split the inputs between them?

I have an existing 4-zone amplifier and I would like to get a 8-zone amplifier. I have exactly 12 zones wired and I don't see me adding any more zones.

I'm actually thinking of re-wiring my 2 zones in our bedroom suite to the local HC-200, in which case I'll have 2 of the 12 open for further expansion, if need be.

Can C4 amplifiers be daisy-chained? Or do I simply hook up multiple amplifiers and split the inputs between them?

I have an existing 4-zone amplifier and I would like to get a 8-zone amplifier. I have exactly 12 zones wired and I don't see me adding any more zones.

I'm actually thinking of re-wiring my 2 zones in our bedroom suite to the local HC-200, in which case I'll have 2 of the 12 open for further expansion, if need be.

To do it right you will need the C4 Audio Matrix.

You could split the inputs with splitters of course. Ive been advised that it will work as well but I decided to shell out for the audio matrix instead. It is well worth it. It does eat up 4u in your rack. That could also be a consideration but if you have the space, I will recommend it.

The amplifier supports matrix switching per the product website. They also claim that these are modular and more zones can be added. Not entirely sure how it would work though.

Thanks!

Archived