C4 Forums | Control4

Lights gone rogue - Need help troubleshoting

Hello

I do have a problem with lights having a mind on their own, at some point in the evening. During daylight all is fine.

Lights that do get turned on or are already turned on, switch themselves off simultaneously some time after 21:30. Sometimes they stay on until 22:30 or longer but inevitably they switch themselves off. When I turn them on again, they then switch themselves off again - only very quickly (after about 20sec).

It happens with dimmers and switches. System is currently 2.2.0, will try to get it upgraded to 2.2.1.

The problem is quite new, it did not exist in February with no change in programming since.

Anyone ever had a similiar issue an maybe an idea how to narrow it down?

Mhh ok

as for the reboot, wouldn't it be easier just to cut the power for the house!? - like a "master reset" :-)

I dont think reidentifying is necessary all switches show up in the project and are controllable, just a little "self insecure" :-)

OK,

The problem was a bug within a light scene,, in my case it happened to be the `all lights off scene`.

After deleting it the bug was gone. I re-created the scene and still all is fine.

Rebooting the light switches did not help and after going through every line of my programming the light scene was not triggered by programming - it just looks to have been a weired bug. However I missed logging it via system tools.

OK,

The problem was a bug within a light scene,, in my case it happened to be the `all lights off scene`.

After deleting it the bug was gone. I re-created the scene and still all is fine.

Rebooting the light switches did not help and after going through every line of my programming the light scene was not triggered by programming - it just looks to have been a weired bug. However I missed logging it via system tools.

This actually sounds like a rogue wake up schedule

They are set from the TOUCHPANEL, not the project. You'd have to look in each touchpanel to check for wake up schedules. They DO NOT show up in programming.

Deleting the lighting scene, and recreating it, would break it's association to the wake up scene.

OK thank you for the information.

I have never installed/programmed a wakeup schedule, therefore a rouge "never programmed" wakeup schedule is as weired as rouge light scenes :D!

I will check that next time I am at the house (will be quite some time), I did the troubleshooting over VPN remotely - so no access to the MTS.

Or can I use MyHome PC to check for the wakeup schedule, and where do I look?.

regards

Archived