C4 Forums | Control4

HC-300 constantly crashing/offline

I've just left town for 5 weeks and suddenly, my better half has been faced with 3 days of a constantly crashing HC-300. It takes multiple reboots to get the system back online, lasts for a random length of time and then Zigbee goes down. I'm also unable to access via 4sight account (No Controller available message) so it appears to be more than just a Zigbee problem.

Any ideas/suggestions on what might be causing this sudden change and/or ideas for troubleshooting?

Is your internet or dns server that it is using down? It could be trying to connect and retrying and retrying until it crashes. It can happen.

Anything new added or changed recently before you left?

Or it could just be a bad HC300.

Hey guys... thanks for the feedback. The better half unplugged the HC300 and dragged out a bunch of remotes. We have lighting, motion, security, climate, shades, AV all integrated and it's amazing how dependent we've become and how "screwed up" everything becomes when the system goes down. (For example, we've had two accidental alarm triggers because the 3 button keypads stopped reflecting alarm status).

* Nothing has changed on the HC300 for at least a month.

* Network has always been stable... nothing changed there. Could a network problem cause the system crashing?

* The HC300 is about 3 years old and has been solid. Is this a sign something is fried?

Any other quick trouble shooting ideas/tips?

Two times I had a bad wall outlet dimmer that crashed my HC300 running 1.8.2. I would check all your ZigBee devices for proper operation and if any appear stuck or non responsive remove and retry system. My bad ZigBee wall outlet only acted up when slightly out of range, so I moved it closer to ZigBee server/controller.

Archived