C4 Forums | Control4

DIY Control 4

As am I.

I'm in the process of finishing my basement, and have about 25 cans, all of which I'm planning on putting LED lighting into.

I plan on getting one or two of the bulbs to ensure it's going to work before fully popping on them.

RyanE

Another question. I eventually plan on distributing video throughout the house to several different televisions. I have the dish hopper system, or I will anyways, so each tv will have a joey already and be receiving satellite. When I plan on distributing video, It will just be from one source, the sony superchanger dvd/blueray player, which will be controlled via rs232 directly by the HC-800, as it will be in the equipment closet. Is there any need for a video matrix switch then, or can I use something like this?

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/at-hd14ss.html

Basically it will just split the signal to each tv via cat6. It's not important to me that each tv can pull up a different source. I don't have any digital media that I want to distribute, so really, I just need the outputs and one input for the dvd changer. Thoughts?

Archived