C4 Forums | Control4

Can't get SR-250 to join network

Well it seems I may have wasted $150. I bought a new remote to replace my old one thinking that it had gone bad. The original remote was working great for quite a while but now all it'll do is display "waiting for network" if I pick it up but never do anyting else after that. In composer it was showing that it was joined to the network but nothing else would happen. I thought it was bad and so I ordered a new one.

The new one is now doing the same thing; "waiting for network", but I never could get it to join the network in Composer after pressing the 4 button several times. I'm running 2.1.0 and I don't know what firmware version is on this new remote. The instructions that I have state that in order for the remote to join the network it has to be on the same zigbee channel as my controller. And it states that i need to set the zigbee channel on the remote by pressing the list button and then info -> config and then a key combination. Problem is, when I press the list button I don't have a info option. I attempted choosing Factory Defaults from the list menu but nothing really happened. The remote doesn't appear in the zigbee network window either.

Did I buy a bad remote? or am I just doing something wrong and my original remote is still good but has fallen from the network and can't rejoin?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

Chesterwilson,

I don't think it's on embernet since it didn't show up in the embernet window. But maybe I'll double check that.

Pharmdsmith,

Well I'm pretty sure that my house is the only house on my street that has this system. However, would that matter? Is it possible that I still need to enter some sort of key combination to make it drop out of any mesh networks that it has previously been a member of?

Thanks for your help guys.

Jonathan

Chesterwilson,

I don't think it's on embernet since it didn't show up in the embernet window. But maybe I'll double check that.

Pharmdsmith,

Well I'm pretty sure that my house is the only house on my street that has this system. However, would that matter? Is it possible that I still need to enter some sort of key combination to make it drop out of any mesh networks that it has previously been a member of?

Thanks for your help guys.

Jonathan

So do you still think Pharmdsmith was wrong :)

Archived