C4 Forums | Control4

Dual Video Audio Endpoints in a single room

I have a panasonic plasma tv in the living room wired to a mcintosh preamp. I would like to choose between the video's audio endpoints. I want to use the plasma tv sound occationally and the mcintosh sound occationally. Is there a way to do this? What is the purpose of the second video's audio endpoint?

I have never gotten a good answer on that second video audio endpoint question...

But like said above, the easiest way is to create a 2nd virtual room with the different endpoint and just switch rooms.

I feel having dual rooms is a bit sloppy. I prefer using the SR250 remote over a touch screen remote. Has anyone figured out what the Video's second audio endpoint is for? When can it be used? How?

Once again, not hard to understand. You are specifying what devices get turned ON/OFF when you make a particular equipment selection on the TS/SR. You need Composer Pro to make use of connections. Is this something you have access to?

Yes I have access to Cpro. That's not a problem at all. Is there a way to set it so when I press Watch on the remote, I get 2 choices

1. Direct TV

2. Direct TV w/Amp

3. Apple TV

4. Sony Bluray Player

5. Sony Bluray w/Amp

There must be a way! On the Control4 android app, if you disconnect (dont worry easy to reconnect) and put it in demo mode, then in some of the rooms there is a "tv only control" button in the watch list. This sort of presumes that this can be done easily!

Archived