C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Switch LSZ-101W

I have a few older model C4 Wireless Switch. The switches seems to be wired correctly. I am getting LED lights to the Switch and able to upgrade from Embernet to ZP. Also the Keypads connecting to the 3-way Switch are powering up and joined to the network. The only issue I have is I am unable to power-on the locations where the switches are located. Is there anything I am missing? Does anyone have any ideas as to why I the switch won't power on the light load?

Thank You

On the two-way switch configuration, I have 4 wires in the main.

Black - Common C4 Black

Red - Load C4 Red

White - Neutral C4 White

Green - Ground C4 Green

In the second location of the two-way switch, I have a 6 Button keypad

Black C4 Black

Red Capped Off

White C4 White

Green C4 Green

With this configuration, I get power to the switch and keypad. Just unable to power on load. I get LEDs on both devices.

First-off, black is not a "common". Black is a Hot going to a switch (then off to a load). In location 1, are you sure that the red is going to a light?? Red is usually a traveler wire in a 3-way...

My guess (just a guess since I can't be there to meter connections) is you have the switch in the wrong location.

I have an Electrician coming in tomorrow. He stated the same that the switch maybe in the wrong location.

He will bring the volt meter to determine which connector is coming from the circuit breaker, and the same for the light outlet. I will leave this for the Experts.

I'm betting that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to three-way switches. Probably backwards.

Switches not joining the mesh has been a headache. I always have to reboot the ZP Coordinator. Just may bite the bullet and switch ZP Coordinator to the 800 or 250 from 300.

I'm betting that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to three-way switches. Probably backwards.

Switches not joining the mesh has been a headache. I always have to reboot the ZP Coordinator. Just may bite the bullet and switch ZP Coordinator to the 800 or 250 from 300.

The 800 has been doing a great job with ZP here so far. But, I still have neighbor issues dogging me on one side of the house. If you can, look at the area with Wi-Spy. At least that may tell you what channel to operate ZP on.

I have checked the home and I am getting good coverage. The issue I have at times is when adding a new device to the mesh. I normally have to reboot the ZP Coordinator before that device can join the mesh. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting b/c I my allowance only allows me to purchase devices every 3 - 4 months. :D

From what I can tell, this issue is only happens every 3 - 4 months.

Archived