C4 Forums | Control4

SR 250 and DVD function not working

Nehsmit

Hi all,

I was watching my Samsung Blu Ray DVD player last night for the first time since the system was installed. I realized a few things. I cant pause the DVD with the pause button on the SR 250. ALso, the menu button takes me to the DVD PLAYER menu, NOT the disc menu. I was able to go into composer and assign the RED button to Disc menu. Works fine. I then assigned the BLUE button to pause. This for some reason does not work. Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks in advance.

I know that the pause button is a common issue. I'm sure somebody will chime in with a solution. In my case, I had the issue with IR control of an Oppo 93, but I moved to the RecluseAV Oppo driver (which still isn't giving me all the functionality I think I should be getting, but I'm not sure yet if that is a C4/Recluse/Dealer issue or not).

I've actually seen evidence here that a direct assignment of a colored button to a device feature does not always work. However, if create a variable and assign the function to that and then change the variable state using a colored button, that works fine.

Lets back-up, I'm assuming either the driver or the cloned codes (whichever you are using) are mapped properly. With that said, you assign a colored button to a function at the DEVICE PROPERTIES level (this is where I had it fail on me). You can also try to do it at the room level (this is what worked for me). Which one(s) have you tried?

Very easy fix.....I posted a driver here before, think the title was Samsung bd-c5500, try that, if not let me know and can email it to you, I'm on my phone right now so can't send driver.

Thanks Godzilla. I found it but how do I install the driver? I'm a relative noob. Thanks so much.

Very easy fix.....I posted a driver here before' date=' think the title was Samsung bd-c5500, try that, if not let me know and can email it to you, I'm on my phone right now so can't send driver.[/quote']

Thanks Godzilla. I found it but how do I install the driver? I'm a relative noob. Thanks so much.

I'm using the driver it works.

You do have to get your dealer with composer pro to install it

Archived