C4 Forums | Control4

Help identifying SR-150 Remote

Does anyone know what reasons a remote control doesn't identify, assuming it's on the correct Zigbee pro channel (25)? I have an HC-300, running version 1.8.2.66691. It may be worth noting that the composer pro version I'm using is 1.8.2.56194.

Thanks,

GQ

The channel is irrelevant in ZigBee Pro.

When devices attempt to join the mesh on Pro, they try all channels.

When the master switches channels on a Pro mesh, the devices get sent a broadcast 'channel change' message so they can follow, and any devices that don't get the message, after they realize they can't contact the mesh, switch channels until they find the mesh again. They're still joined to the mesh, so they don't have to re-join, just switch channels.

RyanE

The most common reason for a device to not join is if it's still connected to a previous mesh.

In that case, you need to cause the device to leave the mesh, then join the new mesh.

I don't remember the kepresses for a remote on 1.8 (unless they're the same as under 2.0, I can't recall) to leave the mesh.

Sorry.

RyanE

The most common reason for a device to not join is if it's still connected to a previous mesh.

In that case, you need to cause the device to leave the mesh, then join the new mesh.

I don't remember the kepresses for a remote on 1.8 (unless they're the same as under 2.0, I can't recall) to leave the mesh.

Sorry.

RyanE

Hi Ryan,

I have tried this to leave the mesh: Room Off, #,*,1,3,4,1,3. I'm really not sure if it worked, but the room off button did flash red very quickly after I did it. Could it be that my remote is on zigbee and not zigbee pro? I'm really out of ideas here.

Thanks

I think if the Room Off flashes, that it's Pro, but again, I don't deal with SR-150's that often.

Have you tried putting it closer to the controller? Depending on what channel your ZigBee is on, and how much WiFi interference there is, you may want to get it closer, although I've only ever needed to do that at CEDIA or CES, where at one point, my phone could see 300+ WiFi access points.

RyanE

I think if the Room Off flashes, that it's Pro, but again, I don't deal with SR-150's that often.

Have you tried putting it closer to the controller? Depending on what channel your ZigBee is on, and how much WiFi interference there is, you may want to get it closer, although I've only ever needed to do that at CEDIA or CES, where at one point, my phone could see 300+ WiFi access points.

RyanE

Thanks RyanE, I'll try that. I should also mention, this is what I see in the log when I try to identify:

Aug 6 02:53:33 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF [1698]: Received zigbee identify event for: 000fff00004342f7

Aug 6 02:53:33 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF [1698]: Unable to match zigbee device and type

Aug 6 02:53:33 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF [1698]: Telling node 000fff00004342f7 to leave the network

Aug 6 02:53:34 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF [1698]: Received zigbee node online event for: 000fff00004342f7

Aug 6 02:53:34 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF last message repeated 2 times

I wonder if you really have an SR-150... You may have a *hospitality* remote, which would use a different driver.

Does the model number on the back say SR-150?

Also, are you sure you have the proper driver in the project?

RyanE

I wonder if you really have an SR-150... You may have a *hospitality* remote, which would use a different driver.

Does the model number on the back say SR-150?

Also, are you sure you have the proper driver in the project?

RyanE

Actually that's a great point. The back of my remote says "C4-SR150B". However, when I google the remote type, the results online always say "C4-SR150B-Z-B". The driver I'm using is called "System Remote Control SR-150". What exactly is a hospitality remote?

Enabled zigbee logging and got this too:

Aug 9 19:10:34 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF ZSVR: Identify from node: LID: 0x000fff00004342f7 SID: 0x46be PROFILE: 0xff FW VER: Unknown PRODUCT: Unknown TYPE: End Device

Aug 9 19:10:34 home-controller-300-000FFF1268FF ZSVR: Inadequate information for Node 0x000fff00004342f7 to be marked online

Well, the Z-B part just means -ZigBee-Black, so yeah, by the model number, your SR150 sounds like it should be a residential SR-150.

I'm a bit confused as to why it wouldn't be working.

Where did you get this remote?

RyanE

Well, the Z-B part just means -ZigBee-Black, so yeah, by the model number, your SR150 sounds like it should be a residential SR-150.

I'm a bit confused as to why it wouldn't be working.

Where did you get this remote?

RyanE

The control4 system was installed here before I moved into this condo a few weeks ago. The previous owner said that the remote control for the bedroom stopped working and he purchased a new one from the same dealer here around my area (Toronto). So this SR150 I'm trying to configure is actually brand new.

Yeah, I don't know what your issue is in that case.

Typically, at this point, I'd tell a dealer to call Control4 Tech Support, who could either figure out what's going on, or issue an RMA. You may want to contact the dealer who supplied the new remote, and ask for their help in getting it installed.

RyanE

• 4 weeks later...

Archived