C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to trun on TV with TV Controller

Hello,

I am unable to turn my TV on and or watch it for that matter as my controller and or phone will not activate the TV. Do you think composer could have lost the programming to this TV? Does anyone have ideas on the best way to troubleshoot - fix this problem? Thanks.

How can I check that the IR Bug is connected to the Control 4 system? I do have access to my project VIA Composer 2.0.6. Thanks.

Ryan means physically. Trace the IR cable on the TV and make sure it is plugged into one fo the jacks on the back of the controller

RyanE - Yes the IR bud is plugged into the RJ45 within the wall which i assume them routes up to my AV Rack and connects within there. I just confirmed that the IR is still plugged into the RJ45 and when i got to turn the TV "ON" the IR does not light up which makes me think it is disconnected from the project.

Since you are using an RJ-45 for IR, trace the wires connected to the IR bud. Once you determine the two wires and color, validate what IR port the wires are connected to. Once that is complete, go in to Composer and validate that the TV is bound to the correct IR port on the correct controller (If multiple controllers are involved).

Archived