C4 Forums | Control4

Deleting all media and starting over

tumult

Finally getting a traditional NAS. I currently store my movies in 3 separate shares on a pc and store my music on my hc-1000. I know I can go through composer and delete all of the movies and music. I'm thinking there is also a second step to purge all of the info from the hc-1000. If you can share that info and whether I need a dealer to do it would be grand.

Thx,

tum

Correct there is a method of fully deleting the database file, but this is meant for dealers only.

Also there is no need to do this for you, the option exist only in case of corruptions in the file.

I'm not sure what you mean about this being a dealer only thing. Any user with ComposerHE can delete the database at will as many times as you want. I have personally erased mine 5-6 times and rebuilt from scratch. It's as easy as select and delete titles. Nothing is damaged are harmed in any way. I'm running the Extra Veggoes My Movies driver and this is the way to go for anyone with a NAS. It is 100% worth the money not to have the hassel of dealing with Control4's ancient metadata entry and search capability.

Do you have Composer HE? If so, go to the media tab and you can delete it all from there and then run a new scan. A dealer would have to modify your share drive mapping in the driver

You can change your own mapping within ComposerHE. No need for a dealer at all.

vampire - I believe the poster above is referring to something else that deletes some files that remain on the hc-1000 hard drive even if you delete all of your media. back when I was on 1.6xxx or so, I had a bunch of trouble with duplicate entries, and I believe we had to delete some database files from my hc-300 to fix the problem. those were the days... maybe with shiny 2.2, it's no longer necessary.

tum

Archived