C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV with Control4 (Version 1.7)

murphydl

Folks,

When adding an Apple TV to a Control4 System (Release 1.7) what driver can be used? Do I need a specific driver from my installer or can I use an existing driver from the 1.7 DB?

What would the connection be to the C4 System then?

ATV => Matrix Switch

ATV => HC500

Anything else?

Thanks

What version of Apple TV are you using?

If you can upgrade to 1.8 you can use the IP driver from Extra Vegetables, which provides an awesome integration of Control4 and AppleTV V1. It will work with an ItunesPC to stream audio to your AppleTV V2 and V3, but it requires itunes running.

AppleTV v2 jailbroken has is a IP driver for $39.99 that provides control but not Feedback.

AppleTV V3 is IR only.

So within 1.7 you're still stuck ti IR :)

Keep in mind that the EV driver incorporating iTunes is a resource hog and should not be run on anything other than an 800 or a 1000. MAYBE the 250 can handle this well enough but I've yet to see word from EV on that.

It is quite good mind you...

Thanks, I was under the impression that the new Gen3 Apple TV didn't work with the old driver but it it's working perfectly.

Is there a way to get back to the main menu of Apple TV with one button press? Right now depending on how deep I am in the menus I have to hit the menu button like 6 times to back out to the main menu. A bit annoying. Other than that I love the Apple TV

• 1 month later...

Archived