C4 Forums | Control4

New OS, SDDP, and MORE - Sounds Promising or Interesting

cashmoney

Self provisioning would be great if we can identify new iOS/android devices. However, I'm baffled that control4 chooses to update the lighting interface when their own partners recognize that their media management is sorely lacking...and has been since forever. Hopefully, the next update will address media management.

tum

Self provisioning also to be released!!!

Just to clarify what Brad is talking about in the video, "Self Provisioning" is the process of an end user using their my.control4.com account (where Control4 licenses -- MyHome Device / MyHome Site are stored) to enable the user to do things like:

1) Replace the device a particular license is using, for example, if you get a new iPhone or iPad.

2) Add new MyHome devices, including iOS, Android devices, and computers running MyHomePC. This assumes the user has available licences for the devices.

It is *not* general purpose self provisioning of anything in the Control4 system other than MyHome devices and computers.

I do not know the expected release date for that my.control4.com update.

RyanE

... I'm baffled that control4 chooses to update the lighting interface when their own partners recognize that their media management is sorely lacking...and has been since forever. Hopefully, the next update will address media management.

A while back, Control4 re-organized development teams into specific experiences, and work on the lighting experience does not necessarily take people away from working on other experiences, such as media management, etc.

It's possible that the team working on the lighting experience finished their changes for this release, while other experience updates are taking longer.

Unfortunately, I don't know the specific schedule for the release of media management updates.

RyanE

I just got home from Cedia and there a ton of new cool things coming, including voice control. I saw the voice control in action and it was very cool.

Sorry for all the clarifications... but here's one more to add to the pile:

The Voice Control functionality being mentioned as shown at CEDIA was by a Control4 *partner*, not by Control4 itself.

RyanE

Just to clarify what Brad is talking about in the video' date=' "Self Provisioning" is the process of an end user using their my.control4.com account (where Control4 licenses -- MyHome Device / MyHome Site are stored) to enable the user to do things like:

1) Replace the device a particular license is using, for example, if you get a new iPhone or iPad.

2) Add new MyHome devices, including iOS, Android devices, and computers running MyHomePC. This assumes the user has available licences for the devices.

It is *not* general purpose self provisioning of anything in the Control4 system other than MyHome devices and computers.

RyanE[/quote']

I'll take whatever I can get! Thanks for listening Control4 . Congrat's. This has been one of the biggest bug bears of us all for ages now... :)

• 2 months later...

Just to clarify what Brad is talking about in the video' date=' "Self Provisioning" is the process of an end user using their my.control4.com account (where Control4 licenses -- MyHome Device / MyHome Site are stored) to enable the user to do things like:

RyanE[/quote']

Ryan do you know when they are going to allow us to self provision MyHome devices?

I don't know the expected release date, but it's in beta now (don't know if it's external beta or just internal at the moment).

It works fairly well. You just enter your my.control4.com credentials in the app, and it finds if you have the appropriate license.

I've probably said too much. :)

RyanE

Archived