C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer and Switch Problem

My installer put in one switch and one dimmer. They show yellow lights on top and bottom then go to one blue on bottom. He says he cannot make them work here. Something about identify. He tried some reset but that didn't work. They are new but are they defective?

OP, I'm not a dealer but It seems that your units are old Embernet SKUs. Dealer should know this but if you hold bottom button while you power-up, it will initiate ZP upgrade. Upgrade those and then try a join. Then search for a new dealer :)

OP, I'm not a dealer but It seems that your units are old Embernet SKUs. Dealer should know this but if you hold bottom button while you power-up, it will initiate ZP upgrade. Upgrade those and then try a join. Then search for a new dealer :)

^^^ Sounds like the devices are old Embernet in MiniApp mode.

^No, mini app is very short flashing green top & bottom (also "M" suffix after MAC in CPro) Solid yellow (directly from power-up) top & bottom going to blue is no mesh found, resuming last LED programming. Flashing yellow going to solid yellow means mesh located and found.

Ryan is right- no mesh found. But I am guessing those are also old Ember units. Ebay has provided low prices on stuff some people don't know how to handle

Archived