C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify

Downloaded spotify yesterday and thought that it was 100x better than rhapsody.

Just curious if anyone knows why there isn't a Spotify app on control4. We see a lot of useless apps, this would seemingly be a very useful one. Does C4 have a deal with Rhapsody that prevents this? Is spotify not willing to be integrated? Is it too difficult to integrate with C4?

Downloaded spotify yesterday and thought that it was 100x better than rhapsody.

Just curious if anyone knows why there isn't a Spotify app on control4. We see a lot of useless apps, this would seemingly be a very useful one. Does C4 have a deal with Rhapsody that prevents this? Is spotify not willing to be integrated? Is it too difficult to integrate with C4?

Spotify is top notch. Pick up a Sonos and the EV Sonos driver and stream away. Rhapsody is on the ropes from a business perspective. And I doubt C4 will offer direct integration with another (other) streaming providers.

Sonos is the best ticket right now, plays just about everything.

Rhapsody is on the ropes from a business perspective.

Link?

I think Spotify is overrated. They can be missing a CD just as easily as Rhapsody. And even if they have it today, they might not have it tomorrow.

Rhapsody is on the ropes from a business perspective.

Link?

I think Spotify is overrated. They can be missing a CD just as easily as Rhapsody. And even if they have it today' date=' they might not have it tomorrow.[/quote']

There's limited increase in their subscriber base or revenue. They're stalled, and operating at a loss. Real Networks & co, spun them out into a fully independent co.

^ One more reason for C4 to directly integrate with more than just Rhapsody.

Agreed, what if C4 had hitched their wagon to Napster instead of Rhapsody? My guess C4 users would have been left in the lurch, and probably still would be.

I'm sure churn is high in this industry. I'm sure Rhapsody is losing customers in this economy with new competitors like Spotify.

I'm pretty sure the new Sony/C4 AVRs have more than just Rhapsody from the looks of the pics, I wonder how their stuff integrates into the system as a whole...

Archived