C4 Forums | Control4

Denon 4520

HookedOnC4

Not directly but with Denon -thankfully- not changing their protocols often or much, one of the other more current drivers should do most any function just fine.

Thanks...

Might go with 4311 but the 4520 looked very nice. Still waiting on reviews from the Sony.

Haven't used the sony myself, but word is that they've out-done themselves on the latest line-up.

I'm really struggling on what receiver to purchase. Would like a little more power to drive my James loudspeaker Baby Grand Concerto's. I have a pioneer Elite VSX 81 with 110 watt but getting the bug to upgrade.

Haven't used the sony myself' date=' but word is that they've out-done themselves on the latest line-up.[/quote']

I'm really struggling on what receiver to purchase. Would like a little more power to drive my James loudspeaker Baby Grand Concerto's. I have a pioneer Elite VSX 81 with 110 watt but getting the bug to upgrade.

Depends on your budget. The best Denon is still the AVR-5308. Denon offered an upgrade, so you can do 3D. Personally, I just buy some Amps, because soon it will change in your main theater to more channels. That is if you do UHDTV. HDMI is going to change as well, so you will have to upgrade some time in the future. I know nothing about your receiver, but I am sure you have a pre-out. Run an amp into the pre-out. You can buy an used amp or new one.

Haven't used the sony myself' date=' but word is that they've out-done themselves on the latest line-up.[/quote']

Don't depend on an AVR to drive those types of speakers. Average peak usage for that amp would be no more than 80 watts. I would recommend buying a separate AMP to power the speakers and use the AVR just for A/V Switching.

just my 2 Cents

Don't depend on an AVR to drive those types of speakers. Average peak usage for that amp would be no more than 80 watts. I would recommend buying a separate AMP to power the speakers and use the AVR just for A/V Switching.

just my 2 Cents

Thanks,

Any recommendations on a Amp to power all the speakers?

It's good to know that the 4520 does not integrate well.

Might go back to 4311 or look at the integra line. I will need a new receiver for basement so was going to upgrade main room and put VSX-81 down stairs. I was not sure that the new Sony would be what I was looking for since I already have 2 300C for main and sitting room 1 200B and 200 with 1000V3.

Cash can you give me a little more detail.

Archived