C4 Forums | Control4

Action in One Room Causes TV Navigator in Another Room to Change Rooms

I'm having a problem with my on screen TV navigators randomly switching the active room. For example, at random times an action in the "Media" room causes the on screen GUI in the family room to show the "Media" room. Is there a way to force the "Media" room to only show the Media room TV GUI and the "Family" room to only shown the Family room GUI? Any idea what could be causing this or how to fix this? I tried changing the default room in the navigators, but this does not appear to be a room-by-room setting as it changed the default room to the same room in all rooms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jim

Thank you for your replies.

I have one HC-800 in the equipment room and one HC-250 in the family room, but there are several rooms -- so, yes, several rooms are sharing controllers. It sounds like the only fix would be to install a dedicated controller in each room? If so, that would be a bummer. It's surprising that the controllers are so limited as to not be able to keep better track of the active room in a shared controller environment.

Btw, I haven't experienced this problem when using the iPad or iPhone apps, just the on screen navigators.

jim

This is the way it works. Each controller (200, 300, 250, 800) acts as a single on screen navigator... Pair it with a sr 250 remote and that is your room control. Just like a touchscreen or iOS / android / PC Flash app will control other rooms.

We use our iPads and iPhones in other rooms to control that room we are in that doesn't have a controller or touchscreen.

Sounds like you have too many rooms configured, or not enough controllers/remotes or touchscreens to handle your system.

Archived